Hero: Peter Parker

Disclaimer: This chapter contains blood, as well as talk over cancer and such. If you don't handle cancer very well, I advise you don't read this chapter. You have been warned.

P.O.V: Parker

     I don't have much time left, I took to many detours. The city needs a hero, sure, but right now, I think Y/N needs Peter Parker. I promised her I'd be there, waiting for her when she walked out of her first day of chemotherapy, open arms and open eyes, ready to hug her.

     Thirty minutes left to get there, which means thirty minutes to prepare myself for any issues she may have after her first day, whether it be fatigue, nausea or anything between.

    I ran through the front doors of the hospital, only to notice Y/N was just being rolled out of the hallway, leading into the foyer. I quickly told the receptionist that I was here for a friend. She let me go, and I had walked over to her, her face was pale, but her eyes still showed hope, hope that everything would be okay.

"Y/N? How are you doing?"

'Peter... I'm so happy to see your face. I hope I never forget it.'

    She smiled lightly, before whimpering. Her left arm had a large bruise, running from the midst of her forearm to just under her elbow, the shades of purples and blues shining in the sterilized hospital light.

     She got up, stumbling over to me. I opened my arms up, inching closer to her. When she arrived, I embraced her tiny figure, squeezing her lightly, not to hurt her, but so I wouldn't let go.

     Days progressed, turned to months. Slowly she was getting better, but I saw her less as well, crime picked up, her strength went down and so did my mental strength. Every time I saw her at the end of the month, she had a hand clasped over her heart, shaking with hunger; her face no longer lighting up when she saw me, almost like she forgot me, and that hurts me.

     ~~~Two Year Time Skip~~~

     Y/N's last day of chemotherapy. She had slowly remembered me once more, and I promised her, that like the first day of her therapy, I'd be there, waiting, ready to hold her in my arms.

     The doors opened up, getting stuck halfway. The power was down, and the back up generator would take a few minutes to come back on; soon revealing Y/N, smiling as she ran over to me. I pulled her up, the stitches over her heart came undone, her blood spilling, staining the floor a watered down crimson as she gasped for air. I yelled out, shaking as a doctor came by, taking her away once more, leaving me alone to fight my own tears.

"Why... why did I do that..? I was too excited and I hurt her, probably even killed her."

     Y/N came back to me, her brows upturned with a soft smile decorating her cheeks. This time, I hugged her, keeping her on the floor, in my arms, smiling into her hair.

"Y/N?"

'Peter.'

"I know that you've been through so much these past couple of years, but, it's helped me realize that no matter where you are, no matter how sick you've become, I've loved you. Would you please be my one and only; Y/N L/N?"

'Peter, I would love to.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 562

Date: 9/11/2020