Dream Alone

Parker

     "Y/N, you know I get busy with the Stark internship but I try my hardest to come see you. Why can't you understand that you're also important? Why? Should I quit it and spend every waking hour watching you? Is that what you want?"

     I snapped, I finally snapped, tired of Y/N's bull shit, constantly messaging me, telling me that she feels alone; I try my hardest to be there but I can't. I keep telling her it's the internship, which is partially true, but she doesn't get it.

     'Peter, stop! I know you get busy but this is the first time you've talked to me in weeks! In class you only talk with Ned, which I don't mind, but if you aren't careful I'll walk out that door. I'm not afraid to say good bye now matter how bad it hurts me or you, but I need more than, and I quote; "U2". While you were busy with the internship after school I've been talking to Flash, because he may be a player, but at least he finds time to talk to me.'

     "Y/N! Why?! You know he bullies me, treats you like crap and only wants to hook up for a one night stand! I'll love you unconditionally, whereas he'll just hook you in then leave!"

     'At least he's available! I know you're focused on your future, but were still kids. You can't show up all the time. If anything, he would understand! Stark may be a stubborn man, but he was once a kid. If you can't stay back once every other month, then try to at least message me more that a letter and a number.'

     Just like that, she walked out, leaving a bag on the table. I sighed, sitting down and placing my hands over my face, running my fingers through my hair. Something tells me that I'll have to Dream Alone. I opened the bag she left, finding a small colored box, inside was a bracelet with the Spider-Man logo chained to it. At the bottom was a note.

     '''Peter, I love you, miss you and I know you're busy, but I found this and thought of you. I know we've been distant, but when we were closer you talked a lot about Spider-Man. I remember you sitting in class, drawing his emblem into your books until the paper gave in. Happy One Year of dating. I love you. -Y/N'''

     "Oh dear lord... I said I wouldn't miss this, but I did, worse, forgot. I'm officially addicted to crime fighting as a hero that I forgot my personal hero. I need to go find Y/N."

     Peter ran up to his room, got into his costume and jumped out the window, thwipping his way back to Y/N. Just as he landed on a nearby building, Flash was outside, Y/N leaning against him, crying. Flash shouldn't be her comfort. He came down, standing in front of them. Flash jumped, seeing his idol in front of him was cool.

     ""Spider-Man?! Aww you're awesome! I'd love to take some photos, but I'm comforting Y/N. Can you believe that Parker has ignored her for almost a month?""

     "No. Listen, you should get home kid. Y/N should probably go sort things out with her boyfriend anyway."

     'No. I'm not going back. I tried earlier and he didn't understand. I'm going inside. Good bye, you two.'

     Y/N walked inside, leaving Flash and I outside. I took a few pictures with him before he left, then I thwipped away, cursing myself out for making that big of an impression on her, one big enough to say no to a hero.

     By the time I was back home, Aunt May had made dinner. I walked in, pulling my mask off and sitting down across from her.

    'Peter, how was... I'll assume good since there are no visible injuries; although you look incredibly tired. When you're done you should get clean and get some rest. Hero work must be tiring.'

     "No, Aunt May, today was my one year anniversary for dating Y/N."

     'Oh! What did you two do? Did you take her on a swing through New York? Did you take her out to lunch?'

     "No, I forgot. I've been so busy that I forget and even ended up ignoring her for about a month. She stopped by earlier and I started an argument, scaring her off. She left me a bracelet and I honestly feel worse then awful cubed multiplied by one hundred fifty seven."

     'Does she know that you're Spider-Man? If not, you should tell her, not just that, but what the Stark internship actually is. If she knows, and you still don't show up for a month, then she has a reason to be angry. She did today as well, not knowing your secret and leaving her hurts. Go tell her."

     "Thanks, Aunt May. I don't know what I'd do without you."

     Peter left, swinging the distance to your house as fast as could. He climbed up the wall, tapping on your window. Luckily, you were at your desk, so you looked up, opening your window.

     'What do you want, Spider-Man?'

     "Look, Y/N, I need to tell you something. The Stark internship is more then just science, it's crime fighting. I'm part of it. Your boyfriend, Peter, wants you to call him when you can, until then, I'll be here."

     'I know you two are pals but I'm not in the mood to talk to him. I'm glad he's finally met you, but he needs to Dream Alone.'

     "Doesn't want to know what it's like after having a taste of love. He's addicted to you. You can't deny that when sparks start to fly..."

     He pulled the mask off, tears streaming down his face.

     "I'm not ready to drop you and I."

     'Peter, why didn't you tell me? I would've understood. I stopped by earlier, believing all of these crazy ideas; maybe you wanted to break up. I was scared.'

    "My gift to you, is that I'll try to tell you whatever, no, I'll tell you whatever you want to know. So please, don't hook up with Flash."

     'Didn't want to or plan to. But you still had my worried. You're alone for tonight. I love you though.'

     "Love you too, Y/N."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1,055

Published: 9/29/2020