37: A Friend

Being filled with thoughts that can not help me with my situation is excruciating. I want to be a person of logic and her mental supporter but even I can't find ways to deal with the underlying problem we are having.

Someone knows about us, our relationship and it's her ex. The obsessed freak that wants to get back together with her.

I would say don't worry about it but I don't have any idea how to make him back off. 

"Baby?" I woke up from my unwanted trance. I see Jennie looking at me with tears about to fall from her eyes. 

"Everything's going to be alright okay? I will do everything in my power to keep him away from you. So don't think about it and just focus on our baby" I caressed her stomach and looked at her in the eyes.

I don't know what to do.

"But baby-" 

"No buts Jennie Kim, let me handle this." I peck her lips but she pulled away. 

"This is our relationship, I also have a say in what we do" I gave out a long sigh as I know I can not do anything or talk back. 

The only solution I can think of is to work in secret. 

"Okay" I nodded and placed my forehead to hers. 

------------------------------

"Seungri, I need your help" I walked away from the house into the backyard area and took my phone out, calling the one person I did not imagine I will be calling again. 

"Well if it isn't my dear friend Pranpiya" I can see the smirk plastered on his face without even seeing him in person.

"What do you want? You wouldn't call someone you've been ignoring just to say hello" I let out a deep breath. I never wanted anything to remind me of the dumb shits I've done in the past that nearly killed my brother and he is one constant reminder

"You know why I left oppa, I needed to change, I need to get out of the stupid things I've done before" I can hear him sign in the back. 

"I know, but it would have been good for me to know how you are, you were like a sister to me and you know I never wanted those things to happen to you and your brother" I knew I was wrong. 

"I'm sorry oppa" I can only bow my head in shame. 

"Hey, it's fine. Just promise me you will try to send a hello message from now on." I smiled softly at his words. 

"I will."

"Now what did you call me for? Do you want some drugs or what?" My eyes widen in shock.

"Nooooooo" I swatted my arms in the air. Never in my life will I ever take drugs anymore. It's fun at the start but the regret I felt at the end is something I will never want to experience again. 

"I'm just joking Priya" I heard him laugh and it made me realized that I looked like a crazy person with their hands on top. I immediately retracted my hand and coughed. 

"Oppa, I don't need drugs but I do want your help"

"go on" I sigh.

This is for Jennie.

"I want you to dig anything you can with a person name Kim Hanbin" the feeling of saying his name gave an unwanted taste in my mouth. 

I need to rinse my tongue later on.

"What did he do to you for you to reach out to me like this?" I heard slight a movement in his part making me imagine the memories of his office and its interiors. It was a place I used to hang out when I wanted out of my parent's presence.

"He is my lover's ex and let us say he is blackmailing her with something that will ruin not only my life but her's as well and Oppa, I don't care if my life gets fucked but I will never let anyone hurt my girl" I gritted my teeth. The idea of Hanbin touching my woman is making me do murder. 

"Dang, he fought with the wrong gal, don't worry foster daughter, I will have my men pick up every nick and cranny of his life." I smiled in satisfaction. 

"Thank you oppa. I promise I'll do anything to repay you" Even after all I have done to him, he still find ways to help me. 

"You were like my daughter before priya, this much is nothing. I am sorry for making you go through all that and including your brother." I shook my head.

"I know you never wanted us to be in danger but I was too blind and blamed you"

"Let us just keep the past in the past okay? And you don't have to repay me, I only need you to text and tell me who you are doing. Just that will make me happy" Maybe there really are people out there that cares for me but I was too engrossed in blaming myself with everything that I have structured a wall that keeps them from connecting to me.

"Thank you oppa"

------------------------

I walked inside the house slowly after Seungri oppa and I said our goodbyes. It was night time and I left the bedroom when Jennie was sleeping. 

I strolled up the stairs, trying not to make a single creaking sound. Don't want to wake the pregnant woman and get her cranky. 

I reached the top of the stairs and turned right to where her bedroom was.  

"Lli? where did you go baby?" Jennie came out of the room with a cardigan wrapped around her body. The light coming from the room illuminated her worried face. 

"I had to call someone nothing to worry about baby" I answered with a smile on my face. 

"Someone? It's not Jisoo or Hubby that I know for sure...Is it your mistress?" she squinted her eyes and crossed her arms and slowly walked towards me with a very heavy step making me gulp in fear. 

Hormones, shit

"Baby you know no other woman can amount to you" I explained and took a walk backward in fear of the tiger glaring at her prey. 

"Then who was it that you were talking to? You have no friends except us and those two are busy sleeping" That is an offense I'm taking. 

Hormones are scary

"I-it was a g-guy uhm- an-an" my back touched the cold wall.

"A what" her face was so close to mine I could smell her minty breath. If I wasn't about to pee my pants I would have taken my way with her and ruined her in the bedroom. 

"Lisa, tell me who you were on the phone with" I gulped. 

"A-an old f-friend" I contemplated telling her but me being alive is more important at the moment "....someone who can help us"

She took a different stance and looked at me curiously. 

"Really?" her face contorted into a calm one. 

I let out a sigh of relief. 

She's calm.

"Yes Nini, and you don't have to worry, he is a trusted friend" I took her hand and led her to our bedroom. 

"And I do have a friend by the way" she scoffed and hugged me.

"As long as it's not some dumb bimbo trying to steal you from me manoban" I shooked my head and laughed, picking her up in bridal style. 

--------------------------------

40 and I'm done.