Him ( 3 )

Tomorrow was ball and tomorrow will be my life decided to be given in other world. Even though he isn't that bad that I thought he would be but the fear of marriage have been in my mind since forever. How can I forgot when--

"Sitting here all alone?" I moved my head and saw Jughead leaning on the wall, lookinh at me. I sigh and hugged my knees. "What are you doing here?" I asked, not looking at him. "Exploring and look what I found! A sad girl." "I'm not sad" I said looking at him. "Doesn't look by your face, Miss" He chuckled. I hit him on his arm and he put his hand on his heart. "Hitting your fiance already. God! Help me in future." He laughed but it wasn't something that brought a smile on my face. I removed my hands from him and looked straight. He noticed and sat straight. "Elizabeth--" He started. "-Betty! Call me Betty" I cut him off. He smiled and spoke, "Betty, you know you can tell me. Just talk to me as a friend"

I sigh, "I had a sister." He looked at confusingly. "Her name was Polly Cooper. She was mother's daughter but Dad wasn't her real father. She was kept away from royal names, parties and events. Her room was smaller than mine and food for her was limited. Dad didn't liked her at all. For mom, she was a mistake. But for me, she was everything. She was a sister, a friend, and a guardian. We would play hours with each other. I would sneak out from my room to meet her and play with her. She was 5 years older than me. It was time when she got in her late Twentys. Mom and Dad found someone and arranged her marriage. She wasn't happy at all. She loved someone and they didn't listened. We promised to each other that we will write letter and never stop. One month went away and I didn't had any letter of her. I sent her many but her reply didn't came. One day, news came that she hanged herself. That day was the night with lightning. I found a letter in her room and it was for me. She wrote her last words before hanging herself. She wrote that how cruel her husband is. He beats her, assault her. He was a devil himself and it was all because of mom and dad and the marriage they set up. She wrote that she feels sorry for not replying because she didn't wanted to worry me. I miss her so much. She was my everything and I couldn't do anything for her. Tomorrow is ball and same like her marriage, the announcement was done on the ballroom, filled with many people. Dad announced her marriage with mentioning her as my cousin sister. I was scared what if you would come out as her husband was and I was scared to get married. I only agreed because it was beneficial for our kingdom"

"Oh god" He said. We both sat in silence but he broke it off, "I'm sorry Betty. I didn't knew. But I'm not like that guy. I won't hurt a girl even if it's not you. You don't need to be scared. You will be my responsibility in future and if you don't want to get married, just tell me. I will handle everything, even the debts. After all, I'm the upcoming King." He said. I couldn't looked in his eyes. He stood up and left leaving me in a hole of different emotions.

.
.
.

It was ball and I was in my room with servants, helping me to get dressed.

I was wearing a beautiful designed blue dress and my hairs were styled in a bun

I was wearing a beautiful designed blue dress and my hairs were styled in a bun. The jewels made me more confident with my look. I went down from the stairs and looked at the room filled with people.

Few pairs were dancing in the middle and my parents were talking with some middle aged couple

Few pairs were dancing in the middle and my parents were talking with some middle aged couple. I glanced at the groups to find the blue pair of eyes but failed.

"Princess Elizabeth Cooper" I heard my name from behind. I turned my head and saw a red head guy wearing a brown suit. "Your name?" I asked. "Prince Archie Andrews, My lady" He smirked. I bowed slightly  and spoke, "Nice to meet you" "It's an honour to meet a beautiful and marvelous women like you." He took my one hand and kissed my knuckles. His grip on my hand was uncomfortable. I quickly took my hand back and fake smiled at him. "So, do you want to dance?" He asked placing his hand in air. I don't want to but I also couldn't decline. What should I do?

"I think she owe me a dance" I heard the familer voice. I smiled and turned my head to his direction.

 I smiled and turned my head to his direction

He was looking so handsome. I would lie if my jaw didn't dropped. He smirked and linked our arms. "Sorry brother but I asked her first. I left for a minute and you came." He said to him. I smiled. "Shall we?" "Lead the way, Prince Jughead" I said. We both left, leaving him shocked. We both came in the center of ball and started slow dancing. "Thank you for saving me back there!" I said. He smiled, "Don't mention it, it was nothing. But I would have to say, you look extremely beautiful." I tried to hide my blush, "It's okay" He said in my ear. What was this feeling! Him being so close to me and tingly feeling in my stomach. His eyes, his smile, everything about him was magical.

We all were talking when suddenly my Dad ringed his glass with a spoon.

"Today, we are not only celebrating NorthSide freedom but today will be the day remembered when Kings of South Side and North Side came together and reunited. Today we announce the marriage of Elizabeth Cooper and Jughead Jones." My father said and everyone cheered. In the moment of claps, I heard him stepping in front.

"Your highness, can I say few words?" He asked my father. He confusingly nodded. He looked back at me then at our parents.

"Today you decided our future. Today you made history but did you even asked you daughter. Did you even asked how she feels about the marriage. Using her only to pay off your debts, only disrespects her."

"BOY WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?" His dad yelled.

"Truth! And truth always bite. I won't marry to her when she isn't happy to be bounded in a relation." He said and came in front of me. He took my hand and looked in my eyes. "Betty, this time I will ask you a question will you have to answer with you heart. Can you do this?" He asked. I nodded.

He took a deep breath and went on his knee.

"I, Jughead Jones ask you to be my wife. I'm asking the girl with whom I fell in love when I first saw her. Will you marry me?" He asked.

I had tears in my eyes. I looked around and everyone was looking at us. I didn't knew the answer. I closed my eyes and there I saw her. Polly, she was nodding her head. I opened my eyes and looked down and gave my hand in his.

"Yes" I said out of breath. He smiled and spoke, "what I didn't hear you?" He asked teasingly. "Yes!" I yelled and pulled him up, crashing my lips into his. He was taken back but kissed back immediately. We heard clapping behind us and announcement again but we both didn't cared. I pulled away slowly and met his eyes.

"I love you too"