Fever

A/N

Thank you for reading my book and making it hit 2k+ reads 😘.

It really inspires me!

****

Betty's P.O.V

After putting the clothes in the washing machine, I was making my way back to the kitchen when I heard coughing sound coming from Finn's room.

He's my one year old son.

Walking inside his room, I found him coughing. He was sleeping and moving. Suddenly he started crying and due to his coughs, he vomited the milk which he consumed hour ago. I practically ran towards his crib and took him out in my hands. "Shh! It's okay baby" I kept moving him back and forth, and rubbing his back. He wasn't giving any response in calming down and it was making me worried second by second. I felt his temperature and he was hot. "Is he.." I mumbled. I quickly changed his clothing and dressed him in new and fresh clothes. His crying was not stopping and his nose also started running. "It's okay baby, shh! Mumma is here" I was rocking him on my lap and resting cold cloth on his forehead to at least drop his temperature.

After few more minutes, he was back to sleep but he wasn't better. He was still struggling in his sleep. I quickly dialled Jughead's number and before he could say anything, I spoke, "Finn.. He.. He's sick. I don't know what to do! Please when y-you will come back home, ha-have medicine with you for him."

"Baby you need to calm down first. Finn is going to be alright. I promise, now tell me what you have noticed? Does he have fever?" He voice was calm with hints of worriedness.

"Yea! I mean, I checked his temperature and it was 102°F and he have cough and running nose." I said, moving my eyes to the little body in my laps.

"Okay, I will be home as soon as possible. It will be alright love" He said and cut the call.

Finn started getting up again and crying. It was difficult for me to not broke down at that moment. I was controlling myself, for me and my son. Seeing him like that was giving me more pain. A mother can't see her child suffer, it's a disease for her.

I fed him soup and kept changing the cold cloth and resting it on his forehead. Eventually, I noticed his fever was breaking but it wasn't that enough. I heard the bell and stood up, having Finn in my arms. I opened the door and it reveled my husband.

"Jug"

"Hey, let's go to the sofa" He said, coming behind me and closing the door. He took of his jacket and took a bag in the kitchen. I saw him, taking out a bottle of medicine. He took 2 spoons of it and mixed it with half cup of water. He poured the whole solution in Finn's bottle and came to us, kneeling in front of him.

"Here, it might help." I took the bottle out of his hands and fed it to Finn. He drank it all and coughed a little. I kept rocking him and talking to Jughead.

After few minutes, I saw he was asleep again. I checked his fever and it was broke. His coughs and running nose was still there, but with a hope that he will recover from them too. I took him to his crib and tugged him in. I kissed his forehead and spoke softly, "I love you"

I looked back at Jughead and he was smiling, giving a warm smile. I went closer to him and hugged him, breaking down on his chest. He wrapped his arms around him and let mine emotions out. "I-It was hard" I said against his chest. "I know baby. He's our son and we can't see him in trouble." He started, he lifted my head and looked in my eyes, "But he will become fine and healthy again. Okay?"

"Okay"