That could be us ( 2 )

3rd Person's P.O.V

After many seasons, it was a sunny morning in Riverdale. The birds singing songs on the branches of tress and some whispering to each other on the roof of the houses. It was a beautiful day, and like every morning Betty would have woke up with a bright smile on her face. She would have stretched her arms and peaked out of the window to admire the weather but she didn't. She woke up tried and exhausted. Even tho she wasn't doing any kind of sport, her body still felt pain and tiredness.

Like every morning from past 2 years, she would woke up and admire the photo frame. She will slide her fingers on its glass surface and fill her heart with regret and sadness. The picture included her and her ex boyfriend, Jughead.

They both broke up because she did something which she wished she shouldn't have. She wished to go in the past and stop herself from committing the mistake that she regrets till now. The memories flowed in her mind when they were together. His goofy smile whenever she made something for him. His not so funny jokes, his cuddles from behind, his kisses, his fluffy hairs which she wished to move her fingers one more time. She missed everything about him.

She missed him.

She was startled when someone barged into her room. She looked aside and saw her cousin which have been for her from years. She looked at her and then the frame in her hands, "Hey" She said with a soft tone. She walked towards her and wrapped her one arm around her shoulder. "It's hard" She spoke quietly. She kept the frame on its place and turned towards her, "It's getting hard day by day. I'm hating myself." She said, tearing up. Cheryl wiped her tears with her hands and cupped her face, "Betty! People  learn from their mistakes and for that you need to move on." "I will after I apologize one more time to him." She said, locking eyes with her and then back to the frame. Cheryl sigh, looking at the condition of her cousin. "Betty--" She was cut off by the vibration in her phone. She took out her phone and moved a little away from Betty to attend the call.

"Hey babe, what's up?" She asked. "I just wanted to tell you, I'm having lunch today at pop's so, don't wait for me at home." She frowned, "with who?" "Jughead" She got shocked when he heard the name. She glanced back at Betty and then back the wall. "What? He's in town?" "Yeah! He came like 2 hours ago and planning to stay for a while." She hummed and processed a plan in her mind.

"Babe, will you do a favor for me?"

.

.

.

.

"Please I really don't want to go!" Betty whined as she was getting dressed without her approval. "I don't wanna listen! Mama Coop isn't home so there's should be someone to take care of you, right?" She said, applying some eyeliner on her eyes and finishing up with a gloss. "Taa-Daa" She said, moving her vanity chair and facing the mirror. Betty looked herself in the mirror and she felt, she was looking at Old Betty. She kept staring at the mirror for time but zoned out when Cheryl phone buzzed. She looked into it and smiled, "Come on Betty! We are getting late" She said, dragging Betty's arm and taking her out.

They both walked inside the pop's diner and smell of milkshakes and onion rings filled her nose. Just like old times, when she used to came here. After everything, she kind of locked herself. And why wouldn't she, when everyone she knew started showering bad words on her, insulting and teasing her. Locking herself and hide from the world, was her last option.

Because he wasn't there for her to save her.

Cheryl took Betty to the last booth. Betty kept her eyes to the floor only but when their foot stooped, she looked up to meet the same blue eyes who left two years ago. They both looked at each other, without saying a single word. Toni and Cheryl on the side, could feel the tension. They cleared their throat, and they both looked at them. "Um.. You guys can talk. We will go to another booth." Toni said, locking her hands with her girlfriend and walking away.

"Hey"

"Hii"

Those words escaped from their mouth and then, nothing. They both went silent. "It's now time, don't wait for him to leave" The thought roamed in Betty's mind.

"Why don't you sit down?" He asked, softly. She nodded her head and sat opposite to him. "When you came?" She asked, "I arrived here like 3 hours ago and Toni said she wanted to catch up so here am I." He chuckled softly. She smiled and kept fiddling with her fingers. "Pop's food have always been amazing, isn't it?" He said, breaking the silence between them. He continued when he got her eyes on him, "I missed them so much in Toledo. I wish there was ano---" "-Jug" He stopped when the familiar nickname escaped from her lips. He noticed how weak she looked. Her hairs weren't the shinny golden anymore. Her eyes weren't bright neither her smile. She bit her lip and closed her eyes and opened them again.

"I'm sorry Jug."

He sigh and moved back to rest his back on the seat.

"I'm really sorry. You must be wondering why am I'm bringing it out again.... When you left, everything turned up side down. People I knew, turned against me. Archie ran away but I didn't, I wanted them to know what I did was a mistake and I regret it. I wanted to tell you too, but you never picked my calls and answered my messages. One day wont pass without them calling me a cheater. I know what I did was very bad and I totally hate myself for doing it to you. You gave me everything but I.... I don't deserve you. Please.... please forgive me so I could move on."

She said, her eyes covered with tears. Slowly them passing through her cheeks and falling on the table. Jughead grabbed her hands resting ok the table and she looked at him,

"Betty.... I will agree that you hurt me very much at that time. It broke me, but I thought you were happy with Archi so I left. I thought you and him will be happy together. But I was wrong........." He said, and hold her hands more tight.

"But I can't forgive you" He said, making her eyes wide.

"W-Why? I--I..." She started but he interrupted her, "--Because if I did... You will move on from me. I will loose you again." He said, making her heart melt. A lips were trembling but she was smiling. Jughead grinned at her and stood up, sitting on her side.

The time he sat, she cupped his cheeks and brought him in a long kiss. Jughead could fell Betty smiling. He gripped her hips and pulled her closer to him. Betty pulled back and looked in his eyes.

"Why.. You want me again? After I--" "--Shh!" He again interrupted her and kissed her cheek. He cared her cheek and spoke,

"I have always been love with you. I ignored your calls and text because I thought you were happy back here. I didn't knew, I would find you like this. This isn't my Betty at all. My Betty always had a smile on her face and her eyes were always bright."

She smiled at him lightly.

"Will you be mine again?" He asked. He could see the happiness in her eyes. She bit her lip and nodded her head, chucking in last.

She brought her lips and pulled him in another kiss....

The End.....
Hope you enjoyed it 💜