Memory Loss

3rd Person's P.O.V

It was a raining in Riverdale. Thunderstorm and lightning were filling the emptiness of silence in night. Betty was driving her car, returning from her mother's home and going to her and Jughead's house. They got married one year ago and living happily together. She was listening to her favorite song, singing the lyrics along. Her phone buzzed and she looked at her husband's message.

"Come home quick. I miss you terribly xoxo"

She smiled at the message and she was about to reply him when she noticed light coming closer from distance. It was slowly reaching her. She noticed it was headlights of a truck and it was running on her lane. She turned her car wheel in defense but due to the rain, her wheel got slipped and the car turned over. The car got bumped into the railing. Betty was slightly conscious, slowing things for her becoming blur. Her head was hurting and blood was dripping out. She let out a cry and then everything went black for her.

Jughead's P.O.V

I was pacing in mine and Betty's room, holding my phone with me. I was worried about her. Her mother said, she left 2 hours ago and the distance from there is only 45minutes. It was killing me from inside whenever a bad feeling was hitting me. What if she was in danger? What she needs help?

Suddenly my phone ringed and it showed Betty's number.

"God! Betts where are yo--"

"Hello"

It wasn't her voice.

"Hello who's this? Why you have Betty's phone?" I asked.

"I assume you know the owner. Actually a accident happened on the highway and this person, Betty was involved in it. She is injured badly and have been send to Riverdale Hospital." The other person spoke.

When he said those words, world felt paused for me. I wasn't breathing and my heart was stooped.

"Hello Sir! Are you there?"

Phone slipped from my ear and I fell on the floor. Tears were streaming down my cheek and I was crying uncontrollably. "Betts" I  called out her name and stood up, running towards my car keys and then front door.

I drove to the hospital and asked for her name at the reception.

"Sir please calm do--"

"--No! Please tell me where's my wife!" I said, cutting her off. She nodded quickly and checked her desktop.

"She's in surgery Sir. You should go in the waiting room." She said. I nodded and went to the waiting room and sat there for almost 3 hours. In the mean time, I called her mother, my father, our friends and told them about the situation. They came and we all sat in the waiting room, waiting for the surgery to get over.

After three hours, doctor came.

"For Betty Jones?" He asked and I hurriedly went towards him.

"Yes doctor, how's she? She is alright?"

"She's out of danger Mr.Jones." He said and I smiled in relief. "But--" He said and I looked at him confused, "Look Mr. Jones, Betty hit her head hard in the accident. There was no blood clot, which is wonderful but there might be a chance of memory loss."

"M-Memory Loss"

He sadly nodded, "We can't say it for sure. There is 50-50 chances that she won't losse her memory." I looked at him shocked. I looked back and saw her mother, bailing her eyes out and crying on dad's shoulder. I looked back at him with tears spilling from my eyes.

"When we can meet her?"

"You can meet her now. Let us know if you find if she's suffering from memory loss!"

I nodded and followed him in her room.

Next part soon