Painful Truth (2)

"My husband framed your boyfriend"

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. "W-What? I-I.. why?" I asked. "I can't tell you here. He will come here any minute. Meet me tomorrow somewhere and I will tell you everything." She said in a quick pace. Her eyes not leaving the door once. "I appreciate your help but why are you going against your husband?" I asked. Her eyes met mine, "I want to help and free myself from him." I nodded and wrote down my number on a piece of paper. I gave it to her and smiled, "thank you" I said and went out of her room.

I got out of her room and bumped into someone.

"Oh sor--" I stooped once I looked at the person. "Miss Cooper, done with your investigation?" He asked smirking at me. "Yeah! I'm done with my investigation." I crossed my arms.

He smirked and leaned down a little.

"Criminal is already behind the bar, Miss Cooper. Try as much as you can to prove his innocence. You won't be successful."

I laughed, "The time will see who really belong in jail." I said and walked out of his house.

******

As decided, Mrs. Suzan and I fixed to meet in pops. I firstly entered the diner and took the far most booth. Not after few minutes, she came and sat on the opposite side of me. She was wearing a hoodie and pair of glasses.

"Thanks again for your help" I said and held her hand. She smiled and spoke, "Its nothing. What my husband has done is wrong and I can't see a innocent guy who didn't even did anything is locked in jail."

I nodded and took out my notebook, "So what actually happened and how your husband is involved in this?"

She took a deep breath.

"Ghoulies Queen, Penny Peabody and my husband are business partners. On her demand, he arranged false allegations against Jughead. He made me lie in court also which I shouldn't have done it. I'm really sorry Betty, but I couldn't deny him. All he have done is beat me on small things. I was afraid if I didn't did what he have told me to do, what he will do to me. I'm scared of him so much and all I want is him to leave my life. Maybe helping you will take him away and free me from his traps." She said and broke down.

She sniffled and took a tissue to wipe her newly forming tears. "Sorry.. I just couldn't control."

"No its fine and I really appreciate you opening up to me about your personal life." She nodded and wiped her tears and took a sip of water. "Do you love him?" I asked. She looked up. "Love fade away when he didn't remained the person I loved. We were in love each other but when his business took place in South side gangs, he changed. He didn't remained the person I knew, I loved." She said.

"Do you love your boyfriend?" She asked.

"He's my life. My everything. When there was no one by my side, he was there. Either it was happiest moments or sad moments, he was always there. I have faced many problems but he was there to tell me every time that everything will be fine. I got to know what love is when I met him. Yeah! I love him very much and I can't loose him. Not only me but our child is also waiting for its dad to come home." I said, holding my stomach.

Her eyes went wide. "You are--" "2 weeks in." I said cutting her off. "Does Jughead know?" She asked. I shook by head and looked down at my laps.

"We will free him." I heard her. I smiled and nodded my head.

******

(The day at Court)

"After listening to the witnesses and looking at the given proofs, The Court took back its previous decision and set Jughead Jones free."

"Mr. Suzan not only framed false charges against a innocent person but also assaulted his own wife. The Court orders to give 7 years jail."

"The Court is adjourned"

I jumped out of my chair and ran towards him. I threw my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist. "Oh my god" I said and pulled out from hug and kissed him.

He pulled out and cupped him cheeks, "You did it betts" I giggled and hugged him again.

"You bitch! I thought you were working for me. You backstabber." I heard from distance. I looked back and saw him, his hands cuffed and two police man holding him. Mrs. Suzan standing of front of him.

Before I could say something, I heard her spoke, "Working for me? What I was to you huh? A worker? No a servent right. We were married dammit and I was your wife. You never respected my presences or gave a shit about out marriage. All you thought was freaking money." She yelled him.

"Framing Jughead? What they gave you on this project. How much money? Why don't you tell all these people here about how you earn money. Come on tell them!!"

"I don't care what they gave to you but one thing they can't gave to you is love. Yes! You lost love from your life. I have signed the divorce papers. Goodbye Adam Suzan for real." She yelled and slapped him across his face. He looker taken back from her words. The policemen took him away and she fell back on the chair.

I grabbed Jughead's hand and we both went to her. She looked up and wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry Jughead for what happened."

"It's okay and I should say thanks to you for helping Betty. If you didn't took step forward and witness the truth, I wouldn't be here." Jughead said. I smiled and kissed his cheeks. She nodded and smiled. She stood up from her chair and took her purse.

"I should go now. It was nice meeting you both." She said and walked away.

"Ah..Betty?" We looked back and saw her standing on the doorway. "Yes?" I asked. "Don't forget to call me on your Baby Shower" She smirked and walked away.

My eyes widen and I looked at a confused and shocked Jughead. "I--" Before I could say anything, he lifted me in the air. "We are gonna be parents OMG!" He yelled, taking circles. I giggled and laughed.

And like his words,
Everything turned fine in the end.