How about a cup of coffee?

Betty's P.O.V

"I can't believe you, seriously leaving me out of nowhere?" I said through the phone, letting my fingers pass through my open hairs. "I know i know and I'm so sorry about it. Adam is here and, please Betty! Try to understand." Veronica said.

"For your kind information, you arranged this mini hangout and I took a day off from office." I whined. "I'm sorry B, I promise you that I will make it up for you. Bye"

"Bye" I huffed and slammed my phone on the wooden table of a cafe shop where I was sitting for the past 1 hour.

Suddenly I heard yelling coming from the table behind me.

"Archie! That's not fair. You can't cancel our plan because your girlfriend wants you to be with her. It's bro time."

"Oh yeah! What's the point of me not having a girlfriend with this?"

"Just don't talk to me again" He slammed his phone and rubbed his eyes.

I turned around and cleared my throat. He stopped and opened his eyes, "Seems like both of our best friends ditched us for their partners." I said and he chuckled. He stood up from his chair and sat on the chair in front of me. "What's your story? How you ended up alone?" He asked.

"My friend, Veronica ditched me because her 2 weeks boyfriend was over her house. I took a day off for this hang out and there she left me hanging." I sigh.

"It's not that bad. At least it made us talk to each other." He smiled. I chuckled and nodded my head. "What's your name by the way?" He asked. "Betty and you?" "Jughead and before you say something, it wasn't my choice in setting my name." I chuckled and shook my head, "It's okay, it's cute." He smiled. "How about a cup of coffee? I would like to know you more." He asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

Jughead Jones. It was his full name and surprisingly he was about my age. He was a writer and incredibly amazing writer. I have seen and read some books but I didn't knew he was thier author. Maybe the name on them wasn't Jughead. They were printed with his real name on them.

I told him about me having a great interest in writing when I was in high school. After completing my degree, I got a job in a big company. They print magazines and I work as an artist.

Two hours passed and it really didn't bothered us. The time didn't felt long to pass. I chuckled and looked at the time. "It's 6pm already. I need to go home now." I said taking out my purse and pulling out money. "No no! It was my treat." He said, pushing my money back. " But Jug--" "--Betts! Please. It was my treat. I got this." He said. "Okay but next time, it will be my treat." I chuckled. I took my bag and stood up from my seat. "Bye Jug, it was nice meeting you and here's my number." I said, giving him a slip of paper and walking out of the cafe.

I was about to reach my car's door when I heard my name.

"Betty?"

I turned around and saw Jughead. He came closer to me and stooped when our faces were inches apart. "I just need to ask you that..." He said, his voice deep. Our breathing was heavy and our lips were few inches away from each other. My back leaned back to the door and his body towered over me. "Ask me what?" I said.

He didn't said and leaned in and captured my lips. I let out a sigh and kissed him back. He pulled apart slowly and joined our foreheads.

"That next time, will you go on a date with me?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Sure Juggie" I said and he smiled and kissed me again.