Good enough

Jughead's P.O.V

I have decided to return Riverdale on Thursday, which is today and surprise Betty. She and I have been really distant lately. Maybe it's because of me being here in Stonewall and she's buzy back there in Riverdale. I booked by tickets and with a big smile on my face, sat on my seat.

After a huge time consuming ride, I steeped down from the bus and took a deep breath. "Let's go" I said and grabbed my luggage. I was walking on the road when I noticed a flower shop. I grinned and bought a bouquet of roses. I stood in front of Cooper/Jones house and looked at her window. The light were on. I thought of calling her but then I thought, what's the fun about surprising.

I quietly opened the door and closed it. My smile became a frown when I heard noise coming from upstairs. I removed my bag from my shoulder and went on the stairs. As I was going up, the noises were becoming clear. These were moaning sound. My heart was in my mouth for that moment. I followed the voices and it ended behind Betty's bedroom door.

I was terrified, scared and angry at the same time. I burst into the room and saw something which made my heart drop into million pieces. Archie was on top of Betty's body and they both were naked. They both shot up when heard the door open. My eyes met Betty's and I could see ashamed and guilty. My flowers bouquet dropped from my hands and tears begin to form in my eyes.

"What the hell? You t-two.. I-I can't believe i-it..." I spoke with lump in my throat and controlling my tears. Archie quickly wore his shorts and jeans, Betty only wrapped herself with the duvet and stood up, "Jug...You came early..I" She started but I interrupted her, "That's your first sentence that I came early. Then correct your sentence Betty. Say You Came Early And Found Out Me Cheating Behind You're Back!" I yelled and she looked down. "Look man, we're sorry. It was just---" "---Why don't you fucking get away from here!" I yelled at him. He tried again to speak but I grabbed him by his collers and pulled him out of the front door. Once he was out, I spoke, "Don't consider me as you friend anymore Andrew." And punched him on the nose. He fall back and I went inside and closed the door. I looked back and saw Betty on the stairs in her short and tank top. She was holding the bouquet in her hands and her eyes were streaming tears.

"I'm sorry" She whispered. I finally broke down and slide down on the door. I looked at her and shake my head, "Why?" I said in a broken voice. She ran to my side and sat beside me. "I-I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry. He just came and we both..I don't know how I made myself fell in that moment. I regret it, believe me." She sobbed. I stood up and looked back at her, "Believe?" I said, my voice raising. "Believe what Betty? I believed that I was only man for you. I believed that you love me and I believed that My betty would never cheat on me. Tell me Betty! What's more to believe now?" I yelled at her.

"You not only broke my trust but my heart and me. You were the only thing that I could hold on but.. I was wrong. I was wrong entire time when you told me you loved me. Hell! You are still in the dreams with your perfect little boy next door. Right?"

She stood up from the floor and shake her head, "no..I'm not. I love you only." She tried to hold my cheeks but I grabbed them before she could. "Then why you cheated?" I said and moved back.

"Huh? Why? If you love me.. Then why you cheated?"

"I dont know! I don't know why! It was a mistake and I regret it very very much. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." She sobbed.

It was a pain in my heart wherever I see her like this. But the hurt she gave me was more enough.

I didn't said anything but just looked at her, maybe it was the last time I was seeing her because in my mind, I have already took a decision. I went upstairs and packed my bag with my items in it. I went down and Betty's eyes widen, when she saw me. She ran towards me and grabbed my forearm. "No..no..no...you can't le-leave. P-Please stay...please" She said crying. "I can't" I said and removed her hands from me and went outside the house.

Maybe it was the best. Maybe it was the end, for us. I took my ticket back to stone wall and sat on the bus, "im never coming back" I said and bus started to hit the road.

A/N
Thank you for 300+ reads 💜