Mistakes (2)

Jughead's P.O.V

"Jughead, I'm really fine. You don't have to---" He stopped and I could hear him coughing on the other side of the phone.

"--Come! I'm doing good." He said and sigh.

"Seriously Dad! I know you aren't doing good and I'm coming back. I already have a flight booked so you can't really make me cancel my program." I said and he chuckled.

"Oh yeah, Is Anna also coming?" He asked.

"Um.. No! She won't come" I said and sigh. "Something happened between you two?" He asked and I could see the worry in his tone. "Dad, we will talk about this when I will get home." I said.

"Okay, Well then meet you soon, son"

"Meet you soon Old Man" I said and he chuckled. I cut the call and layed down on my bed, my eyes staring at the ceiling above me.

After two days, I managed divorce papers. The Court gave us 1 month to decide if we can settle things down and undo our decision. For me, the decision was same as earlier but for her, it gave a second chance. She kept apologizing me and trying to settle things between us.

My phone buzzed and looked at Anna's message.

"Baby, please! I love you only. Please forgive me."

I rolled my eyes and looked at the time. "Time to go" I mumbled to myself and carried my bag to my car. I hop inside and started the engine.

—Time Skip—

I ringed the bell and after few seconds, the door opened. "Oh my god! Jughead!" My dad said, pulling me in a hug. "Hey dad" I said and hugged him back tightly. He patted my back and pulled away, "Look at you, grown up so big." He chuckled. "Seriously! I went for what 4 years." I smiled and picked my bag. I went inside and looked at the house which I left years ago.

"Jughead Jones?" I heard and saw Alice. I smiled and hugged her. "How have you been?" She asked as we pulled away. "Good and you?" "Great as always" She giggled. I heard my dad coughing from behind.

Once he finished, he looked at us. "I'm fine" He said, looking at other direction. "You are clearly not! Jughead why don't you take him to the bed." Alice said. I nodded and took him to his bedroom. He laid down and I checked his temperature. "102°F, you gotta rest Old Man" I said, placing the thermometer at the night stand.

A/N : Don't worry FP doesn't have Covid-19. It's a normal fever.

"Yeah, you're right" He said. "Umm.. How's Betty?" I asked, looking at the floor. "She--" He started. He sighted and continued, "She isn't good." He said and I turned towards him.

"What do you mean she isn't good?" I asked worriedly.

He sigh. "I think it's best if you know" "You see, When you left and broke up with Betty, she was devastated. That night when your train left, she was driving towards train station when suddenly her car slipped and she met a accident. From that day, she have been in hospital. S-She never woke up f-from that d-day." My dad stopped and broke into tears.

It was hard to breathe at that time. It was very much to process at that time.

"H-How..I--" "--I know, son. It isn't your fault. She have been in coma from that day and her chances to wake up are very less. Me and Alice visit four time a week to see if anything have changed. But sadly, we couldn't. If you want, you can. You know... Meet her."

I nodded and wiped my coming tear. I wasn't able to say something at that time. That news broke me, the inner self was hurt and broken.

I heard the knock and Alice walked inside the room with a tray. "I made you a soup. Hopefully, it will give you some relief." She said, placing it beside me. She looked at me and frowned,

"Jughead, what happened? You were looking fine a minute ago and now?" She asked worriedly. I couldn't look in her eyes. I wanted to meet her so I ran away from the two people and sprinted towards my car.

I walked towards the reception and asked for her name.

"She's in room 67" I nodded and went towards the room direction. My heart was pounding and my breathing was only taking her name. I saw the room and didn't wanted any more time and steeped inside.

It broke me.

She was there but didn't looked like the same Betty. Her skin looked pale, her hairs left it's shinning beauty. I walked slowly towards her bed and sat on chair beside it.

I took her hand in mine and let out a sigh.

"I never thought, I would find you here like this after so many years. You don't deserve this Betts, you don't." I said and looked down at our hands.

Memories came back in my mind and it made me broke down into tears. I was crying silently when suddenly the machine beside me started making a noise and Betty started taking long breaths.

"Omg! DOCTOR" I yelled and called for help. The doctor and nurses came rushing towards her bed and pushing me away. "S-She is okay?" I asked worriedly. "We will let you know sir. Please leave right now." Nurse said, slightly pushing me away.

I came out from the room and sat on the chair.

Part 3 soon