Unexpected Turn

"Do you think Zombies are real?"

Jughead smiled at his 5 years daughter, Anna's question. He picked her up from her small chair and put her on his shoulders, his hands holding her small legs.

"Yeah but in movies only." He said, slightly tickling her foot. He heard giggles coming from her and moving her hands on his face. "Daddy Stop! It tickles" She said between in laughs. Jughead chuckled and stopped his actions. "But really! What if someday they come? What we will do?" She asked. Jughead moved his hands to grab her waist and lifting her off his shoulders. He sat on the couch, with her on his lap.

"Then daddy will always protect his little princess." Jughead said. "What about mom?" She asked making him chuckle. "Ah! We forgot about your Mommy! Don't worry about her. She will fetch some zombies and cook them for dinner." He said, making her burst out in laugh.

"Eww--I won't eat them" She said, and giggled. "She will make us eat them or she will turn us into them." He said in a low and deep voice. They both continued with their laughs until they heard,

"Cooking Zombies, huh?"

They both looked behind and saw Betty, her arms crossed. Jughead's eyes went wide and he stood up from the couch. Anna was still sitting there. "Betts, y-you came early from shopping." He said.

"Yeah, it finished early but... Love? What were you talking about with Anna?" She smiled which was clearly faked.

"Daddy made mommy mad. Daddy is in trouble." Anna said quietly. Betty begin to come forward when Suddenly Jughead yelled.

"Betty Look! The soup is burning" He yelled, making Betty look at Kitchen. There was no soup on the stove. She looked back and saw he was gone and running towards their bedroom.

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones, The Third!" She yelled, running after him. Anna giggling at her place and eventually running behind her crazy but,

Loving parents.