You should have told me.

Betty's P.O.V

"It's done, Betty!"

Turning off the call, I started blankly on the wall. Everything was messed up. My relationship, my friendship, everything went off their tracks.

All because of my Dad, The Blackhood.

The infamous personality of Riverdale for committing crimes and murders. He isn't the man whom I could proudly say, I want to be like him. I would never in my nightmare would wish to follow his path. His way is only filled with pain and hurt, which he gives to others.

Like he did to me,
His own daughter. I couldn't escaped from his games. He played with my life and the people who I love. He made me say cruel words to Veronica and cut her out of my life. I wished to not let my emotions overtake me at that moment. I controlled myself and did his work, only to save her life.

That was painfully acceptable but the other name, ripped my heart. He said, he wants me to cut off Jughead from my life.

He would never understand if I would do this, I'm not sure I will stay alive. He's the only one who had my back in every single time. Im my worst times, he was there. In my happy moments, he was there. I need him, he was there. He was there every time, so how could I?

How could I do that!

That's why, I asked Archi to do this work for me. I never wanted to tell him about the calls I received, but he kinda forced and I blurted out.

****

Two weeks went away. The most painful days of my life. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. All I could think about Jughead!

I was a mess without him.

Archie has been updating me about him since we don't talk anymore. He said, he have seen him with Serpents oftentimes. Jughead said he didn't wanted to join them, but what made him do that? Me?

I was deep in my thoughts and worried. What I not noticed that someone entered my door and walked closely to me. My head was in my laps, so when I felt a hand on my shoulder, My head shot up.

Only to meet his eyes.

"J-Jug"

His eyes filled with tears of two emotions at the same time. Anger and sadness. He looked at me, examining my body and my face. One thing I knew about him, that he knew me better than me.

"What's the reason behind all this? I could easily say you haven't stooped crying from many days."

I didn't said anything. I looked down at the feet and forced words out, not meeting his eyes.

"W-Why are y-you here? You sh-should go."

I said, accepting to hear his footsteps walk away but something reverse happened. He grabbed my forearm and pulled me up from the floor, forcing me to look in his eyes.

"Stop Lying!"

"I'm not" I said, pushing his chest and trying to get away from him. But he kept pulling me back.

I looked in his eyes and then they fell on the jacket he was wearing. I touched it's collers and immediately took my hand back.

"So, you are a serpent now?"

"After you left me, I needed a family. So yeah! I joined them" He said coldly.

I looked at the wall to avoid his glares at me. "You can go now!" I said emotionless. He felt his grip getting tighter, not enough to hurt me. "Not happening! Until you tell me why you broke up with me without telling me a freaking reason!"

I looked back at him, "Didn't Archie told you?"

He laughed and pulled his hands back, from my body.

"Archie yeah! How can I forget? He's the reason behind this, right? You finally realised that I wasn't enough for you. I wasn't the one for you. I t-thought we had s-something special...."

"Yes! We had and I love everything about it." I said, interrupting him. My eyes wide and spilling tears after hearing what he thought about me.

I shook my head and spoke, "I didn't do it because of Archie. I did it to protect you." My voice almost a whisper in last.

"Protect me? PROTECT ME FROM WHAT?"

"THE BLACKHOOD" I yelled, immediately realising my mistake. I covered my mouth and took shaky breathes. I shook my head and turned around. "What did I just do? Oh no.. Oh no!" My tears run down like a stream and I was sobbing.

I felt his hand on my shoulder. I slowly turned and saw his teary running eyes. Red and watery.

"W-What? You did because of.....Blackhood?"

I nodded and sobbed.

He looked around with shock covering his face. Suddenly he stopped and looked back at me.

"Veronica? She--" "--She's also! I didn't did it because I wanted to, because he wanted. If I wouldn't do the task he was asking me, he threatened me to kill Veronica and... You"

"He also told me to not tell anyone about it. But Archie kind of forced me and I accidentally slipped out. I didn't even wanted him to know everything. But...." I cupped his cheeks and sobbed, "I'm sorry. I couldn't face you so I sent Archie. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry"

He lifted his hands and wiped my tears with his thump, resting then behind my neck. "It's okay. Now I know everything, we will figure out this together. Like we always do."

"But you know everything now! I have put your life on danger. I shouldn't have told yo--" I started panicking thinking about it. But he pulled me in a hug, "shhh! It's okay. You should have told me before. We will figure out this"

He pulled his head and looked in my eyes before speaking again,

"Together"