Memory Loss ( 2 )

Jughead's P.O.V

She looked peaceful, laying there on the hospital bed with machine connected to her. She had bandage on her head and arm, followed by many cuts and scratches. Her breathing was steady and normal. I walked towards her bed and sat on thd chair besides it. I wiped my coming tear and took her hand in mine.

"That wasn't supposed to happen Betts. You wasn't supposed to be here but with me in our couch.. watching your favorite movie and enjoying the night but... P-Please betts.. Doctor says you might losse your memory. He isn't sure about it. You will not losse our memories, right? You will come back to me. Wake up.. C-Come back" I said, having the lump in my throat. I broke down and lay down my head on our connected hands. I was sniffling when I felt her fingers moving. My head shot up and saw her eyes opening. They closed again because of the light but she again opened them. Her eyes wandered around the room until they fell on me. I smiled at her and wiped my tears away.

"Betts... Baby! How you feel? Do I call doctor?" I asked.

She had no emotion. She took her hand back from mine and looked at me in confused.

"W-Who.. Who are you?"

Those words broke me. It broke my heart into million pieces. My own Betty didn't remember me. She forgot me.

"It's me, Jughead. You're husband." I said with hope in my eyes if there still a chance. Her eyes widen, "h-husband? When I got married? Oh god" She asked. "Please I don't know you. Could you get my mother. I need my mom!" She said, breathing heavily. "Okay okay.. I will get her." I said, running out of the room and calling Alice's name.

"What happened? How's Betty?" She asked.

"S-She... D-Dont.." I let out a sob and started crying. She grabbed my shoulder and hugged me. "What happened?" "She doesn't remember me" She pulled out from the hug and looked at me with shock eyes. "W-What?" She asked. I nodded my head and fell on my knees. She walked inside her room and Dad sat beside me, running his hand on my back.

"Everything will be alright son"

40 minutes later

Alice came out of Betty's room, Doctor along with her. They came in front of me and I stood up from the floor.

"Betty is suffering from Amnesia. The last time, she remember is celebrating her 21 birthday. Mr.Jones when you guys met?" Doctor asked.

"I met her when she was 22 and after 2 years, we got married."

"I believe it's short term. She does remember her friends name, her mom and everything but she can't remember.. You."

"Is it curable?"

"We can't say about it. It depends on her. Try to make her interact with something, that you believe can make her remember her last 3 years. If she feels stress, don't overstep the process. Make it slow and it will take time to heal her up." He said and weakly smiled at me.

.
.
.

2 weeks later

Its been two weeks and no progress have been achieved. Betty is now comfortable with me. She's living nowadays at Cooper household. I have been regular visiting and meeting her, showing her places; our special places where only we have spent time. I even tried to take her on the cliff where we can see the view of Riverdale, where I proposed her.

But,

Nothing.

Today, She's visiting our house. I thought, this might be my last chance. To bring her back to the house where we made memories together. I heard the knock and opened the door excitedly.

"Hey" She said, smiling.

"Hi, come in" I said, moving and giving her space to get inside. She went inside the house and closed the door. She went through the whole house and then it was time when she was heading towards our bedroom.

She took the frame of her and mine photo and slightly smiled. I got behind her and looked at the frame,

"It was clicked on our first anniversary" I said. She let out a sigh and placed the frame back. She turned around and shaked her head.

"I'm sorry"

"Betts--" But she interrupted me, "--No! Please listen to me. I-I can't remember. I am not remembering anything. You tried and I'm failing you everytime. It's just... I can't. I'm sorry." She said, holding back her tears.

I grabbed her shoulder and made her look in my eyes.

"Hey.. Its okay. Doctor said it will take time. I can wait for you my whole life. You don't worry about it, alright?" I asked, cupping her cheeks. She nodded and gave a small smile.

Suddenly the bell ranged.

I opened the door, and suddenly got thrown back on the floor. "Jughead" Betty yelled and kneeled beside me. I looked up and saw Ghoulies. "Shit!" I muttered. The two of them came and grabbed Betty. "No! Leave her!" I yelled but got blocked by other two men. They punched me on the mouth and kicked in my stomach, making me fall on the floor. I heard Betty screaming and crying. "Juggie... Juggie!" She was yelling my name. I build up power and tried to stood up but someone hit his knee on my nose, making me fall back, hitting my head hard. I weakly opened my eyes and saw Penny.

"Oh Jonesy! My little Serpent leader." She laughed and circled around me.

"What you want Penny?" I said, spitting out the blood.

"Your life" She said, kneeling in front of me.

3rd Person's P.O.V

Betty saw two more men coming from outside and replacing Penny's position. She was fighting to free herself from the grip but failing evey time. She saw them kicking Jughead in stomach and punching him in his face. That fear, that moment caused her flashbacks. They stream in her head like a river. Those memories of them having dates, their talks, their adventure together, their... Marriage, everything came back. She couldn't losse him not like when she have recovered all her memories.

She was crying and asking them to stop but only their laughs were coming out of their mouth. Finally, Penny stooped her men and walked out of their property. Once Betty got free, she ran towards her husband's body and took his head in her lap.

His eyes were closed and there was no movement in him.

"No..no..no....you can't leave me like that" She said, shaking his still body.

"Jug.... Please I need you.... You can't le-leave" She said, her words causing lump in her throat. She finally broke down and let out a cry.

"You can't go! You promised! You... Promised on our wedding day that you will protect me always. Be there with me in my bad time. You promised to live together until we both d-die. You are breaking you promise. This is wrong."

"Memories are back Jug... They are back" She said, kissing him on his lips and then his forehead. She closed my eyes and let out tears.

After a silence, she heard, "Babe! Get up, it's salty" Her head shot up and she saw him opening his eyes. She grinned and cupped his cheeks, 

"Your back"

"And you too"

Hope you guys enjoyed💜