• Memory Lane

•••

Tony didn't sleep much because a new message came.This time it was a video call or something like that.

He run all the way to the common rooms at the penthouse.Everyone looked like shit.And he could bet any of them had showered in three days.

Tony didn't say anything and just opened the video call.In first sight was Mysterio wearing his usual large clothes and the aquarium helmet.-"Good Night avengers!"-He said his voice making everyone in the room shiver.

"Where is Peter!"-Tony yelled at him trying to remain as calm as possible.-"Show him NOW!"

"Oh calm down Tony dear!"-Mysterio said laughing for no reason.-"The kid just woke up!"-The camera moved around to show a beaten up Peter tied up in a chair his hands being held by chains and his abdomen bandaged with some dirty cloth.

Everyone gasped.Loki fell down not knowing why was he even sad about a mortal he knew for only a couple months.

"MONSTER!"-Wanda screamed being held by Pietro both having tears on their eyes.

"You dare touch one hair string..."-Natasha said but stoped...

Mysterio walked to the tied up Peter and pulled his head up holding him from his hair.-"What did you say Barbie doll?"

Tony felt his stomach aching when he saw in what conditions was Peter's face.Like he had been run through with a bus-"WHAT DO YOU WANT BECK?!"

"What do I want?I want Edith...but not now...after I am done with this little bean here!"-Mysterio said and Tony noticed Peter's head starting to move.

"Kid can you hear me!"-Tony said making Steve back away from the place he was standing.-"Petal..."-Tony said in hope Peter would react to that.

"Mr.S-smart..."-Peter said his voice looked like he was almost crying.-"Mr.S-stark you s-still ali-ve?"-Peter tried to move his head to tired mentally to move more.

"Yes Petal we are all here waiting for you!We are all hoping you will come back!"-Natasha said holding back tears.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SON!"-Tony yelled at Mysterio who was just chuckling at the pain he had caused.

"Me?!Nothing...!Illusions?...Yes!"-He said and walked to the camera.

Loki moved to the screen.-"PETER REMEMBER WHAT I TAUGHT YOU!FIGHT THE ILLUSIONS !!!FIGHT PLEASE!"-Chances of hearing Loki beg to someone was rare but never zero!

"I c-can't..."-Peter chocked up in his tears.

"That's enough pain?No...let's make this quick..."-Mysterio said and a man wearing black entered the room holding a gun.-"Only his leg please!"

"NOOOOO!"-Tony yelled.-"PLEASE I WILL BRING YOU EDITH,I WILL GIVE YOU BILLIONS IF YOU WANT....LET HIM GO...DON'T HURT HIM!"-He begged and so did everyone even Sam who always tried to remain stone cold.

But a gunshot was heard and after that a scream from Peter who was trying to muffle it.

"SON OF A BITCH!"-Steve yelled throwing the vase he had near behind a wall.

Mysterio did a hysterical laughter and close the camera.Leaving the avengers cry in a hopeless way.Wanda passed out soon so Bruce took him to the Med-bay.

Others went to their rooms and continued to cry alone.Blaming themselves for Peter's pain.

•••

A week had passed since they had seen Peter for the last time personally.Tony was drowning in coffee and alcohol not sleeping for days,and there had been one week that dinner and morning wasn't being served in the avengers tower.Nobody had heart enough to see each other in the eye or even talk more than 'Is there any news?' and 'Nothing new.'