𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

"I'm so so sorry, Din," He strokes the side of her face with the back of his finger.

"Don't be, riddur, it is his fault...he is the one to blame,"

~~~

The group finally makes it the lava river and sigh in relief. Din sets down Kenna and she grabs on to the IG unit for support.

"This is the lava river," Greef states, hands on hips.

"No shit," Kenna spits out, anger and sadness evident in her voice.

"Kenna...are you okay?" Din asks and she pushes his hand away.

"Of course not," She snaps back at him, turning away. He nods and walks back at the boat.

"The ferry droid is fried," Din states, looking back at Kenna who holds her stomach as she looks down the stream.

"Yeah, but if we push the boat out we can get it to float downstream. Come on," Greef says, walking over to the metal vessel and Din cocks his head, concerned.

"Looks old. Will it take the heat?"

"You got a better idea?" There is a hesitation before Din sighs.

"Guess not," They push at the boat, but it doesn't budge.

"Push!" The boat stays where it is.

"Never knew a boat could be more stubborn than a Mandalorian," Kenna snickers weakly.

"Your commentary isn't helping,"

"No, but it is funny," She replies, examining her nails. Cara rolls her eyes and gets out one of her large rifles.

"Come on, Mando, push!" It still doesn't move and Din kicks at it, frustrated.

"Come on! What're you doing?" Din growls and picks up a pole.

"Let's try this,"

"Push!" Cara looks at Kenna as the boys struggle.

"Wait...give it a bit longer," She says.

"Sorry but I wanna leave, I would've left it longer...but eh, girl wants to leave," She steps forward, her rifle ready. "You guys mind getting out of the way?"

"Oh!" Cara shoots at the cooled lava locking the boat in and it comes loose. Din looks down, embarrassed he didn't come up with that simple method.

"Boys will be boys," Kenna clicks her tongue disapprovingly as she walks over to the boat.

"Watch your feet. It's molten lava,"

"No kidding," Kenna retorts as Cara helps her in the vessel. She sits down, holding her stomach that growls in pain. The ferry droid comes to life and everyone, beside Kenna, turns to train their blaster on it. It gets up, beeping. "I don't suppose anybody here speaks droid?" Kenna quips, trying to be her normal self and not letting her pain show.

"I believe he is asking where we would like to go," The IG says and they all lower their blasters.

"Downriver. To the lava flat," The droid beeps and starts moving the boat along. Din notices Kenna's situation and sits next to her, taking her small hand in his large.

"Kenna? What's wrong?"

"I just feel sick...probably just because of this," She motions to the fresh red scar along her neck.

"...I'll get the IG to scan you, I don't want to lose you again," He stands but Kenna pulls him back next to her.

"But you didn't lose me," She states, averting her gaze.