ELEVEN: New Bow

(2nd June, 2011)

I didn't wake up until the next day, Noel and Naomi weren't with me anymore. I got up and called out for Carl to let me out of the cell, he runs in to do so. "Thanks man, where's everyone?" I question him as I start to follow him out of the cell block, he didn't have to answer, I saw Glenn knelt on the floor drawing a map of the prison. "Where's Noel?" I ask once I saw everyone else, "he's on watch." I nod as I stood next to Naomi and Beth. Carl knelt down at the other side of Glenn's drawing as Glenn finished it. "Right, you said you found Tyreese's group here?" Carl nodded to confirm, Glenn tried to convince him that we had secured it, "he thought he came through here." Carl pointed it out to Glenn, who concluded saying it meant that we had another breach.

"Ok, the front of the prison is insecure," Glenn told us, "If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." I spoke up, looking at Glenn for advice on what happens next. "And why are we so sure that he's going to attack? Maybe you scared them off." I shook my head no, as Beth spoke, but it was the samurai that spoke up, "he had a fish tank full of heads. Walkers and humans, trophies. He's coming." I agreed with the samurai lady.

"We should hit him now?" Glenn suggested, Carol questioned what Glenn meant, he told her his plan, "He won't be expecting it, we'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Glenn stood up and moved towards the samurai as Carol pointed out that we aren't assassins. "You know where his apartment is, you and I could end this tonight." The samurai looked hesitant at what Glenn was saying, "I'll do it myself." Glenn promised her, and she nodded, "I'm going too." I spoke up, "no you almost died last time." Glenn argued with me, "we all did, he was going to execute us." I reminded him, Glenn wasn't going to budge on letting me go.

"He didn't know that you were coming last time, and look what happened." Hershel spoke up, he looked at the samurai, "you were almost killed," before he looked at Glenn, "Daryl was captured. And you, Nyx and Maggie were almost executed." Glenn approach Hershel threateningly as he told him that he couldn't stop him, Hershel argued that Rick wouldn't allow it. "You really think that he's in any position to make that choice?" Hershel tells Glenn to think it through clearly, reminding us all who has died here and asking if it's worth any more killing.

Hershel asks Glenn what are we waiting for, if the Governor is on his way that we should be leaving. "And go where?" Glenn asked him, "we lived on the road all winter." Hershel argued, "back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours." Hershel tells Glenn that we can't stay here, "we can't run." I looked over to see Maggie leaving the room, I could see the hurt in Glenn's eyes as he turned back to us. "alright, we stay put, we're gonna defend this place, we're making a stand." Glenn decides, Hershel nods in agreement.

"Carl, you and I will go down to the tombs. We need to figure out were the breach is." Glenn points to his floor map, "you got it." Carl instantly agrees, the samurai offers to go with them but Glenn tells her he needs her up here if anything goes wrong, I knew that applied to me as well.

I get up and make my way outside, Naomi holding my hand, I see Noel in the watch tower and I wave him down. "We're staying here and defending this place. Carl and Glenn are looking for the breach and I need a new bow." Noel smiles brightly, telling me to wait where I am before he rushes inside. "When everyone went to Woodbury to find you, I got Tyreese to help me cut down a tree and Axel came with me to get paint so I could make you this..." Noel handed me something wrapped in a sheet, "and I hope you don't mind that I read through all your journals to find where you wrote about making one." I look at him confused unwrapping the most beautiful black and white Recurve bow with our initials carved into it.