THIRTY-FIVE: Things are Perfect

(30th November, 2011)

I stretch awake noticing an empty space next to me, "Carl?" I call out getting out our double bed, pulling out a fresh set of clothes, quickly getting dressed. I pulled on a black jeans, and white cami top with my black combat boots, "morning gorgeous," Carl mumbled into the crook of my neck, as his arms slid around my middle, hugging me from behind. "Morning handsome." I smiled as he kissed my temple, I spun around to face him, my arms wrapping around his shoulders.

We shared a small peck on the lips, "how'd you sleep?" Carl questioned, I told him that my sleep was good as usual, he informed me that he also slept well. "Nyx! uck Carl did my hay-ur." Naomi bounded in, I smile down at the small blonde that was beaming with happiness. "Beautiful, you look just like a princess." Naomi blushes as smiles widely, "I know, where is my morning huggies?" Naomi asks, I chuckle as Carl picks up the four year old and share a group hug. Naomi gave me a kiss on the forehead after I gave her one.

"Nyx, give Carl one." Naomi whispers to me loud enough for Carl to hear, I give him three kisses one on the forehead, cheek and lips. "Naw tute." Naomi giggles giving Carl a kiss on the cheek before we put her back on the ground. "I yam gonna find Hailey, bye bye." Naomi rushes out, waving goodbye and we wave goodbye to her. "Come on, we've got things to do, people to see." I mumble against Carl's lips giving him three more pecks on the lips, before we pull apart. I don't think I've ever been this happy, Carl and I have only been together for a month but I just can't get enough of him and his sweet kisses.

We first go and check if Noel is awake, we confirmed he was as we see him and Lena kissing, I clear my throat and the two twelve year olds pull apart with a blush on their cheeks. "Just wanted to say good morning, then we'll leave you be." I admit giving Noel a kiss on the forehead, whilst him and Carl share a fist bump, I give Lena a hug morning, she's a real sweetheart. "Alright, as you were." Carl and I chuckle as we leave the young couple's cell.

"Morning sweetpea." I smile as Carl holds Judith and I give her a kiss on the forehead hello. "I've got an early shift on the fence today, so I've got to go." I look away from the baby, looking up at Carl, who looked a little disappointed, but he said okay giving me a small kiss. "See you at lunch." I smiled at him our faces still inches apart, I gave him another sweet kiss before standing up and waving goodbye to the pair.

I grab my apron, I spot Zach kissing Beth, "Oh Zachary!" I voiced in a singsong manner, making Beth break the kiss and chuckle. "Nyx, what did I say about calling me Zachary?" I took a couple of seconds to think, "right, not in front of Beth. Anyways, I'm heading down now, make sure you're only an hour late!" I chime walking past the pair, making my way down to the fence, we had a big build up last night. I picked up my metal bar, holding it with two hands as I start to take out walkers.

After about 45 minutes later, Zach joined me with his hair messy and confidence in his stride which caused me chuckle, "did something more than snogging then?" I asked rhetorically, Zach playfully shoves telling me to leave him alone. "Don't think I don't notice how much happier you've been lately, things going well with Carl?" I sigh happily as I nod, "things are perfect..." We continue to kill walkers as we talk about our relationships for two hours, Zach told me that they haven't done the deed yet.

I was surprised to say the least, they were both of age and have been dating for months. "I don't want to pressure her." Zach explains, "how you two talked about sex yet?" Zach shook his head no, "Zach talk to her, and remember consent is everything." Zach nodded taking a deep breath before spotting Karen near us, "168." I tell Zach before we both kill another walker as Karen reached us asking us for the number of walkers we've killed, "169." Zach answered making me snort quietly trying to my laugh, covering it with a cough, "Nyx, how many?" "165." Karen nods happily, walking away.