TWO: Group Discussion

|-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/NYX'S POV-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-|

Once everyone was as full, Beth and Maggie began to clean the dishes. "Noel, why don't you get Naomi ready for bed?" I turn to him, he catches my drift that I want him out of the room. "We'll help." Lori spoke holding Carl's shoulder and the four of them make their way upstairs. "I have three questions. You can answer for you and Noel." I nodded my head, "how many walkers have you killed?" "I've killed 562, Noel's killed 378." the group looked at me curiously due to specific number.

"How many people have you killed?" "I've killed three, Noel's killed one." The group was surprised that Noel had killed someone. "Why?" I sigh at the question, "the first was my mother, it was late November 2009, just after the world went to shit, and she decided to get shitfaced. Got too drunk and went outside and was swarmed by walkers, I had killed most of them but she got bitten on the wrist. I killed her before she could turn. Second was Naomi's father." The group all pulled in a breath, "January 3rd 2010, Naomi was crying and he was going to put a stop to it, he was about to kill her when I killed him. The last was three weeks ago, Noel, Naomi and I were trailing a pig that was from a nearby farmhouse, two men ambushed us and tried to have their way it me. I killed one, Noel killed the other."

"Have their way with you?" Hershel questioned, "Rape me, they tried to rape me." I was blunt with my words, the group grew uncomfortably. "Why save us?" Daryl questioned, "you had a kid and a pregnant lady, I couldn't just leave you for dead."

I heard a bang upstairs, I quickly ran upstairs to see that Noel had knocked over the rocking chair in Naomi's room. "Oh thank God." I muttered pulling him and Naomi into a hug, "you scared the crap out of me." Noel apologised whilst Naomi yawned. "You go grab scrabble, I'll put her to sleep." Noel handed me Naomi, I rocked her and hummed a lullaby, her eyes slowly drifted closed. Once soft snores came from her mouth, I laid her into the cot and turned on her ceiling full of stars night light. I put her favourite teddy, a stuffed turtle, next to her, and she cuddled into it.

A calming smile played on my face as I watched her for a couple of minutes, "you ready to play?" Noel whispers, I nod and leave Naomi's bedroom, and we both sat outside the door and played a couple of rounds of scrabble, "can I join?" Carl questioned looking at me, "please Nyx." Noel pouted, I simply nodded and gave Carl some letter blocks.

Noel let out a yawn, I looked at my watch to see that it's 10pm, "bed time for you bud." Noel didn't argue, we reentered Naomi's room, and made the pull out couch into a bed. I redressed it since Noel had a nightmare last night and it stunk of sweat. Noel got into his pyjamas, "bedtime story?" Noel questioned with a slight beg, I tucked him in and kissed his head. I picked up 'Night Night Circus' and began to read it in a calm voice, I had only been reading for two minutes before soft snores escaped Noel's lips.

I lock the door once I leave. I make my way down stairs with a bunch of pillows, blankets, and sheets for the chairs. I begin to make beds for the strangers, "I assume you all want to stay together, but at least I could do is make sure you're comfortable." I spoke knowing that Rick was behind me, "why be so nice to us?" he questioned, "I hoping being nice will stop you from leaving in the middle of the night with all my food after you've killed me, Noel and Naomi." I was never someone that would beat around the bush, "as I said you're welcome to take what you want as long as you leave us two weeks worth of food."

I heard a rattle come from the left, "shit." I grab my knife and bow as I rush to the side of the house, five walkers were on their was in, they must've knocked down my defences. They were too close to use my bow, I pushed the one in the front back whilst stabbing the second, I continued this method until the five walkers were dead. I look down to see walker guts all over my clothes, I mumble a curse and ran upstairs the group followed me, I got onto the roof and began to do a perimeter search.