FORTY-SIX: Sundered

(23rd April, 2012)

There she was... wide eyed, bullet hole in the head as blood puddles on the ground beneath her, two bags of supplies in her hands. Lena was another loved one lost, but with bullets and walkers swarming the prison yard and making their way closer to me, I didn't have time to dwell on the grief of losing such a bright beautiful twelve year old. So instead I finished her drop, I ran back to the bus dropping off the two bags Lena died delivering before making my way to cell block C.

A explosion went off just as I got inside of cell block C and knew that I needed to go. I rushed to my cell, hurrying to pack bags of supplies, my clothes, my survival journals, and Carl's things. I break into the locker, taking all the water bottles and food I could fit in a second backpack. Carrying it all out and loading it into my bike's storage unit, I run over to the weapon's basket, grabbing ammo, guns, knives and arrows, until the compartments on my bike was full, there was no people in sight, just walkers.

I still took a second to look around to see if there was anyone left to ride with me, but there was too much smoke and snapping teeth to find anyone. The prison was filled with explosion holes, and there was patches of fire and for a second my heart broke, this was my home where I found my family and my first love. I don't even know if any of them survived, I know the bus is gone which means some people got out alive. I turned on my bike, speeding through the hole in the fence and no direction in mind.

>>>
I could see the white smoke rising from the prison through the trees after my bike ran out of fuel. I hid my bike under a tarp, pulling out a map and marking the co-ordinance onto my map with a 'x'. I hide my bow with my bike, deciding to go and find some cars to get some fuel, but first I sat down against a trunk of a tree and began tending to the bullet wound in my arm. The pain of the alcohol wipe against the bullet wound was nothing compared to the wound on my heart. I've just lost everyone I ever loved because of one Jackass. Images of Lena's ice cold pale skin, her bulging eyes and bloodied forehead, she died follow my order, she died because of me. I could feel the anger bubble in me but I keep telling myself that anger makes you stupid, and I ain't stupid.

My heart ached as I opened my locket and saw the smiles on me, Noel and Naomi's faces. I've spent my whole life trying to protect them and I failed, I made them weak. I look to the picture I swapped in, I replaced a picture of my gran with one of Carl and Judith. My first and possibly last love, and his baby sister that I love as if she was my own. I failed Rick, I promised to protect them, to keep them safe and I have no idea if they made it out alive. I wipe the tears that had fallen as I swam in the deep pools of grief, "we've all got a job to do." I whisper remembering Hershel telling me this when I lost Riley and wanted to give up recruiting.

I stood up, put the first aid kit with my bike and making my way to the nearby highway. I need supplies and gas, and I know that the road is filled with cars. It's about a two hour walk from where my bike is, but the sun is still shinning so I might as well and try to get there before nightfall. I roll my shoulders and start my journey, keeping an eye out for people and walkers, after I get gas, I'll look for the bus. I'm not giving up on finding my family until I see their bodies, even if that means I have to back to the prison to find them.

"I will not let this world beat me." I told myself as I see five walkers heading my way. I ran to meet them, I killed the first three easily, the forth one got the drop on me, and we both fell to the ground. I stab it the head before the fifth one dropped onto me as well, knocking the wind out of me, but I still kill it.

|-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/NAOMI'S POV-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-|

We found Judy's carseat and it was all bloody, Carl and Rick cried, I think the monsters got her. Rick's leg was bleeding, bad, so Carl had to help him walk, "Naomi, take my hand." I nod and take Carl's free hand, and walk with the two boys to safety. The prison was gone, all the bad people and monsters got in, and I miss Hershey. Nyx could've saved him but I told her no, now Hershey's dead and it's all my fault. I know Carl and Rick are sad about Judy, I'm sad too, I seen Hailey get bitten by a monster and I don't know where Nyx and Noel are.