TWENTY-SIX: Flirting

(27th June, 2011)

The men wrap up Mrs McLeod and carry her out towards the other graves. "Who died?" Mrs Richards questions as I arrive at the meal centre, "Mrs McLeod, she was bitten by one of the Butlers and hid it, and now she's bitten Sydney." I informed her in a whisper, not wanting from some of the B group overhear. "So what will happen to her?" Danny questioned me, "she'll have the next couple of days to do what she wants before we stop her from turning." I inform him, as I look over at Glenn and Tyreese digging two graves.

"So that's it?" Oliver asks, I look at him confused as to what he meant, they should know the drill by now, "just a funeral and we move on like we didn't know her." I grab Oliver's wrist before he could storm off, "we don't forget those we lose, but we live on and honour them by surviving." Oliver snatched his wrist away from and looked repulsed by me, I frown as he storms off away from me. "He likes Sydney." Danny informs me before running after Oliver, I look over at the brunette that had a big smile on her face. "Excuse me," I pardon myself from the Richards making my way towards the gate.

"Nyx, where are you going?" Noel questions me when I reach the gate, "I need to get away for a little while. No planned route, just a walk." I admit but Noel refuses to let me out, "how will we find you if you go missing?" Noel questioned, "send Daryl."

I left the prison an hour ago, walking and killing every walker in sight. I stumble across a shack, I look around before heading onto it's porch, I knocked the door and listened to check if there was any walkers were moving around. I opened the door, knife in my hand as I make my through the shack, killing two walkers that were dressed as police officers. I walk into a room that was full of guns and ammo, "holy shit." I mumble, I search for a bag and filled it with guns and ammo, as much as I could fit just incase someone else found this place before I could come back. I look a my new gps watch, I wrote down the coordinates and ran off towards the prison.

I let out a loud whistle to see no one at the gate, it was dinner time, I whistled again louder catching the attention of the walkers near the fence. I pull out my bow and began shooting as quick as I could but I was getting overwhelmed. I pulled a gun out of the bag and began killing the walkers with the AK47, which got the attention of the people in the prison. "NYX!!!" I heard Noel yell as I continued to shoot down at the walkers that are starting to surround me. I took my knife out and used it to kill the walkers that were getting too close for comfort. I was surrounded by gnashing teeth trying to bite down on my skin, I was looking for some sort of an exit. I fixed the bag of guns as I shoved walkers away from me, fighting my way to the gate when I see Rick and Carl open it.

I jump through before the gap and they closed the gate as I lay on the ground breathing heavily as I stare up at the clouds. I was exhausted from all walker killing, and the adrenaline leaving my body, Daryl and Rick crouch down to look at me, "you okay?" Daryl questioned, I yawned as I nodded, "just tired. By the way, I found the armoury." I spoke breathless, before slowly sitting up and gesturing towards the bag I was hold. "Where?" Glenn questioned, "I marked it on my map." I inform them as Carl helped me off the ground, "thanks," I smile at him sweetly.

I went to pick up the bag but Daryl slapped my hand away, "I'll carry them, you go get something to eat and go to bed." I was about to protest when Daryl nodded and I felt myself being thrown over someone's shoulder, looking at their ass I knew exactly who it was and my face was bright red. "Carl, I swear I will strangle you if you do not put me down." Carl laughed sending vibrations through my body, "you wouldn't kill me though, because you love me." I sigh in defeat, yawning again, "you're quite comfy, better hurry before I'm drooling all over you."

"Nothing new then." I gasp in shock of Carl's words, "someone's cocky." Carl shrugged causing me to look like I went over a hump, "you didn't deny it." Carl chuckled, "well I can't lie and say I'm not enjoying the view back here." I joke but I was very serious because Carl's ass is no joking matter. Carl didn't respond verbally, he just placed me back on the ground both of our faces bright red as I realise how many people heard my comment about enjoying the view of Carl's ass. I clear my throat, confidently making my way over to Carol, who was cooking dinner for everyone.