TWELVE: Attacked

(June 2nd, 2011)

Once we got to the bottom of the field safely, meaning without Hershel falling, I told him that I was going to bring Naomi for a stroll around the field. "That's probably for the best." I nodded, as we took off, Naomi was looking at the walkers curiously before looking up at me, "Nyx, are they monsters?" I sighed stopping in my tracks and kneeling down to her height, "they are, and if they ever get in you run to someone and they'll keep you safe, Me, Noel, Glenn, Maggie, Hershel, Carol, Rick, Carl, Beth, Axel, D-" I stop myself from saying Daryl since he's not here anymore, and saddened by the fact that he wasn't with our group anymore. "And when you're bigger, I'll teach you how to protect yourself." I add and Naomi nods at me, she looks around as if she's locating everyone I said. "And if they get in, whoever you run to, you need to listen to them, no matter what ok? Even if the monsters get me or Noel. You do what you're told." Naomi nods again, she looked back at the walkers, "I pomisss to s-stay a-i-ve." I chuckle smiling at her, "that's right, stay alive."

I heard a gunshot, I look up to the yard seeing Axel drop to the ground, "Naomi, get down now!" I order her, I look over to see that Hershel's hiding in the grass as well, he wasn't far away from us, about 3 yards away from us, and once the bullets stopped I turned to Naomi, "crawl with me to Hershel." I whisper to Naomi, she nods and we both slowly crawl over to Hershel, "I've got her." Hershel told me once we reached him, "thank you." I got up and ran to the gate, shooting arrows at the men at the gates, "Nyx!" Maggie called throwing a gun over the gate near me, I run to it catching it, I see the samurai at the bus stuck, I rush down to help her. Bullet's started again and were missing me by centimetres, as I slide behind the prison bus. I rounded the corner, shooting at the Governor for a couple seconds before using the bus to shield me from their bullets. I look over to Hershel and Naomi, who was crying looking back at me, Hershel must've told her to be quiet because she went quiet but I could still see her lip trembling. I rounded the corner again, I shot one of the Governor's friends in the leg, he screamed in pain and the Governor killed him because he was attracting walkers.

The bullets stopped as the sound of a vehicle grew louder, it was like everyone was waiting to see which side it was from, I looked over the edge of the bus to see a vehicle I didn't recognise as one of ours, "shit." I mumbled, looking over at Naomi, Hershel sent me a thumbs up informing me that she's ok. The van broke through our gate, turned around slowly, there was a big crashing sound as the back lowered into a ramp, and the next thing I see are walkers making their way over to me. Someone in protective gear started shoot at me and the samurai, I fell to the ground to dodge the bullets. I hear Rick yell to Hershel to get the hell out of where he is, I see most of the walkers heading to them. I curse, Hershel shoots some of the walkers.

I stand back up and run screaming my head off and the walkers turn away from Hershel and Naomi and make their way towards me but so do the bullets. I dive in front of the enemy's van, and starting killing walkers with my bow, banging the bonnet of the van to make more noise to attract the walkers to me. I heard the Governor's jeep drive away, I climbed onto the top of the van, jumping making more noise as I continue taking out the walkers in the field. Maggie, Carl, Beth and Carol open up the gate and start shooting the walkers down as well, I see the samurai making her way over to Hershel and Naomi.

"COME ON!" I yell at the walkers to keep them moving away from Hershel and Naomi. Glenn and Noel drive in and head for Hershel, Naomi and the samurai first. I watch Glenn and the samurai guide a limping Hershel into the pickup truck, Noel jumps out and scoops up Naomi before getting into back of the truck. They stop next to me and I jump from the roof of the van onto the roof of the truck, sliding into the back of the pickup, as they took off. I continued to shoot walkers as they drove through the gate into the yard, Carl closes the gate behind us.