TWENTY-THREE: R.I.P

(9th June, 2011)

I woke up this morning, and I've haven't felt this well rested since before the world went to shit. Carl holding me as we slept was something new, I'm usually the one holding on, not being held onto. Luckily I woke up early, I was able to get out bed without waking up Carl, replacing myself with my pillow for him to hold. I wave over to Daryl to let me out, he jogs over and opens the cell door quietly, and I close it even quieter.

"How'd you sleep?" Daryl questioned me as I went to my old cell to get a fresh set of clothes, "surprisingly good." I smile at him, "anything interesting happen on your patrol?" I question him, as I finally decide on what I'm going to wear for our fashion run. "I peeked in to make sure you were sleeping, you and Carl look cozy." A blush painted on my cheeks, "he had a nightmare and asked to stay with him, so I did." I try to explain the situation, but Daryl smirked, "I never implied there was anything else going on." I shoved Daryl away playful before I go into the changing cell and got dressed.

I braid my hair into two boxer braids, I grab my bow, knife and gun as well as a empty bag. "Carl come on, I need you ask the boys." I whine as he takes forever to get dressed, "no matter who is asking, the subject of underwear and personal hygiene is weird." Carl calls back through the curtain, he catches me roll my eyes at him when he walks out, I place his sheriff hat on his head, "now come on Cowboy, I'll race you." Carl chuckles at how joyful I am today, "ready, set, go!" I call before taking off, me and Carl are laughing hysterically as we ran trying to win, shoving each other to get an advantage.

I whistle to ask Karen to let us in, we both were out of breath, "tie?" Carl questioned me, I just nodded in agreement. Karen opens the door for us as me and Carl try to catch our breath, she smiles looking at us both before she hands Carl the keys to hand back to Rick, "morning all, how'd everyone sleep?" I question, everyone smiles at me and tell me that it was a good sleep.

"We'll walk you over for breakfast, but first, ladies follow me." I move away from the men and boys. "Today we're going on a underwear and personal hygiene run. Anybody need anything in particular?" I questioned them in a whisper, "I could do with some bras and panties." Jeanette admits, "course, all I need are sizes of what you need." I place a sheet of paper with the letter B on the top of it, "just write what you want." I look over to the guys to see them all looking at each other uncomfortably whilst the ladies just take turns calling out things for Karen to write down.

I walk over to guys, I place the page on table and hand the pen to Tyreese, "we don't have all day, there's nothing to be shy about, the women have no problem telling Karen what they want." Karen passed me the list that was even broke down into sections and who wants what. "Perfect, thanks for taking the job of writer, you have remarkable penmanship." Karen chuckles, telling me that it wasn't any trouble. George was the last one to write down what he wanted, Sadie even helped him a bit, I just kept a neutral smile on my face.

"Now, if you will follow us to indulge in the most important meal of the day." I chime, "she's just in a really good mood." I hear Carl explain my weirdness and I walk with a bounce in my step, "like a really really good mood." He repeats, "I won't be if you keep talking about me like I'm not right here." I warned as I spun around to face Carl, walking backwards, he looks at me curiously as if trying to figure out why my mood is so good. I trip over my own two feet, my back slaps off the ground knocking the wind out of me.

I just laid there for a second staring at the ceiling before Carl comes into my view looking down at me, "you gonna get up?" He questioned tilting his head to the left, I shrugged before holding out my hand and Carl takes it lifting me off the ground. I turn back to Group B, "sorry for my little detour to the floor, let's continue." I walked now looking where I was going, making sure not to fall again. "What's got you in such a great mood anyway?" Jeanette asks me, I shrugged, "just woke up happy." I admitted before arriving at cell block C. I wave goodbye to my group, approaching Maggie who was just finished gearing up.