THIRTY-EIGHT: Big Spot

A/N Jeez that last chapter was a saucy... share your thoughts on whether you want more smut later on in the book or just fluff and allude to smut like 'the deed was done' or 'after the horizontal tango'. For their first time I will be writing the actual deed but after that?

(18th April, 2012)

I was on my way back from a run, it was only supposed to be a few hours but I trapped in a house as a herd of walkers passed through the town. I radioed to Noel, who was on gate duty at the time, that I got caught up and wouldn't be back yesterday. I scavenging a little more this morning, I found a few useful knives and a good bit of canned food. I was riding back to the prison when I heard a horse and turned back to see Michonne, I slowed down a bit for her to catch up and so I wouldn't startle the horse.

"Why are you out here?" Michonne questioned me, "Herd passed through the neighbourhood I was scavenging yesterday." I inform her which causes Michonne to nod. "I still haven't found him." Michonne sighs, she been looking for the Governor, we want him dead before he can build up another group and come to slaughter us. "You will, and do me a favour make sure it's painful." Michonne nodded promising he will die slow. Michonne let out a whistle letting the gate hand that we were close and to get moving on opening the gates.

I drive in next to Michonne, and we're greeted by Rick and Carl. Carl gives me a hug and kiss hello after I get off my bike, "we're glad to see you." Rick smiles at Michonne, I'm secretly hoping they will get together because they would be so cute, plus Michonne is like Carl's best friend, so I know he wouldn't mind it. "Glad to see you, too." Michonne smiles and begins to root through her satchel, "somebody hit the jackpot." Michonne pulled out some comics passing them to Carl, "no wayyy, awesome! thank you." I smiled at Carl's adorableness before Michonne and I say together that we get to read them when he's done. "And I found this." Michonne passes Rick an electric razor, "your face is losing the war." Rick chuckled at her words, whilst I dive into my storage unit.

"Michonne, I actually found something for you." Rick, Carl and Michonne all look at me surprised, since we didn't know much about what Michonne liked but I knew this for sure. I pulled out a plastic bag, "I found a vending machine, and I know these are you favourite." I hand Michonne the bag, she opens it and laughs a little pulling out a handful of Big Cat Bars. "I love you." Michonne pulled me into a hug making me laugh.

I turn to Carl, and see him pulling the horse to the makeshift stable, I decided empty my bike because I knew that a group was going for a run today. Daryl drives down on his bike, followed by two cars, "you're back." Daryl smiles stopping next to me, giving me a hug, "you wanna come on this run? We're down a few people." Daryl admits, I gesture to the stuff that I still have to bring up to the prison, "I'll bring those up, go ahead." Phoebe came into view, she nudged Patrick to help her. I get back on my bike whilst Michonne and Rick approach us.

Daryl smiles at Michonne, "well, look who's back." Daryl turned off his bike for a minute, Michonne informs him that she didn't find the Governor. Daryl nods saying that he's glad that she came back in one piece, Michonne tells us that she's thinking about looking over near Macon. Rick and Daryl take a breath and look away from Michonne, knowing it's a bad idea, but she thinks it's worth a shot. "70 miles of walkers. You might run into a few unneighbourly types. Is it?" Daryl questions Michonne, I know how bad he wants the Governor dead for killing Merle, but he cares more about Michonne staying alive.

"I'm gonna go check out the big spot. The one I was talking about, just seeing." Daryl informs Rick, who turns to me, "you going with?" I nod, before he goes on to say that he wants to check the snares before the walkers get to them, "I'll go." Michonne spoke up, "you both just got here." Carl called over to me and Michonne, "and we'll be back." Michonne promised him for us, he jogged over to me as Michonne got into the car. "Just be careful and stay with your Dad." Carl begs me, I smile at him, he's always so worried about me. "I promise." Carl smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead as we both whisper, "stay alive." I turned on my bike and stayed beside Daryl as we led the group to the big spot.