THIRTY: Popular

(3rd July, 2011)

I groan as I wake up, waking whoever was holding my hands, Daryl and Noel on one side, Carl and Naomi on the other. "What happened?" I questioned once I saw all the blood on my sheets, "some after effects from being raped." George spoke up as he entered the cell, I sigh, everyone knew now. "You're on bed rest for the next four days to complete the week." I looked at him confused, "how long was I out?" "Three days." Carl informs me, I nod, "can I at least stay in a less blood filled bed?" I ask gesturing to the sheets, "yeah, but someone will have to carry you." Carl stood up volunteering himself, "wait how come my clothes are different?" I questioned, "Maggie changed you into something more comfortable and less drenched in blood." Noel tells me, I nod as Carl picks me up and carry's me to our cell.

"Careful Cowboy or you'll become my personal carrier service." Carl chuckled shaking his head at my words, "could you stay with me? Just for a bit." I ask Carl as he lays me down on the bottom bunk bed, "sure." Carl pulled the cell door closed, before crawling into bed next to me. Carl allowed me to cuddle into him, "is this okay?" I question him in a whisper, "yeah, this is okay." Carl promises me, Carl plants a gentle kiss on my forehead, I wasn't tired at all I mean I've just woken up from a three day coma.

My stomach growled angrily causing me and Carl to laugh, "you hungry?" Carl asks an obvious question, I simple nod, Carl goes to get up but I stop him, "Noel!" I call in a singsong way to let him know it's nothing serious, Noel walks in trying to hide a smirk on his lips, "could you grab me some food please?" He nodded, looked at Carl as if to ask him why didn't he get me some, but then the eleven year old shrugged and left.

Noel came back with two bowls of soup, and two bottles of water. I went to sit up, Carl helped me up, sitting me up and leaning my back against the wall. "Thank you," I mumbled as Noel passed me my soup. My hands were still shaking, I don't think they ever stopped since him, I took a deep breath, carrying my spoon to my lips. I sigh as the warm liquid travelled to my empty stomach, filling my body with warmth. I slowly repeat my actions, until my soup bowl was empty, I chugged my bottle of water, feeling a lot better than I did waking up. Noel takes my dishes, leaving Carl and I alone once again. Carl let me stay sitting up, but this time was leaning against his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"So what's happened in the last three days?" I question Carl in a croaky voice, I guess my voice box might have some inflammation from the choking. "Nothing really, dad had to tell everyone what happened to you after you were basically in a coma. Everyone's just been worrying about you, Oliver even stopped by and apologised to you but you were unconscious so you probably didn't hear him." Carl informed me, he tensed up as he mentioned Oliver, "he's an ass." My voice broke making Carl chuckle in agreement.

"Do you want something for your throat? You're voice is really struggling." I went to speak but it felt like my throat was on fire, so I just nodded. "I'll be right back." Carl slid away from me, I frown slightly from the lack of his presence. I hate being co-dependant, I need to figure out how I'm going to process this, how I'm going to survive this.

Carl returned with Hershel, who had a sympathetic smile on his face, "I'm going to have ask you to lie down on your back." Hershel requests, I nod and slowly get into position whilst Hershel sits on the bed and pulls out a flashlight. "Shit, that doesn't look good." Carl says causing my eyes to widen, whilst Hershel sent him a look letting him know he was being unhelpful. "I'll go while you get a check up." Carl told me, I nodded at him and waved goodbye. "Nyx, this is going to hurt, to I have permission to touch your neck?"

"You have permission to do whatever is needed to make me better." Hershel nodded knowing what I was referring to. Hershel gentle pushes a finger against my neck, I cringe from the pain letting out a little yelp. "Describe the pain for me please." Hershel asks of me, "burning and a little stingy." I told him, Hershel asks me a series of questions, he allowed me to write down my answers since talking was hurting so much. "Looks like you have Laryngitis, as well as bruising." I nod at Hershel's diagnosis, "you're half to drink a lot of fluid, take voice arrest, and suck on some lozenges. Also we'll keep you off solid food for a couple of days." I think Hershel could see the disappointment in my face, I was already on bed rest, now I can't speak.