30

Yeshena Medel

I had a hard time dealing with my grandma. The time I was in London, all the time were exhausting. Nakakapagod punain na masama akong impluwensya sa iba ngayong may tattoo at piercing ako sa ilong. I can't believe them. But mommy, otherwise, she confronted them and talk to them. Alam niya dahil anak niya ako. Kilala niya kung sino at anong klaseng babae ang pinalaki niya. I didn't had the urge to fight back so she did it for me.

I wanted so bad to come back to the Philippines. And live with my bestfriend.

Mommy sighed. "Love... I've always been aware that you always wanted to go back to our hometown. But we can't leave grandma yet, she's sick. So I want you to just understand this time. Hmm?"

"But this is not healthy, mommy. It's not nice to hear every single word that comes out from their mouth. They judged very easily."

Hinaplos niya lang ang buhok ko at marahan akong niyakap. I'm so lucky having my mother always on my side. She understands me more than anyone else.

"How's Leina? Is she doing fine?"

Tumango ako. "She went to therapy after what happened."

Mommy knew the plan. Mismo si Heleina ang nag approach sa akin at nanghingi ng kaunting cooperation para sa plano. At first, I didn't believe her. It was my guts saying not to believe her because of what she does. But I understand it now that I feel like she's really sincere and into it. Alam ko dahil ganoon ko rin kagustong tulungan si Leina sa sitwasyon niya ngayon.

It wasn't easy for us, especially when it comes to Chris. Chris had the safest way of plans, while Heleina's were impulsive but precise. Agad-agaran kaya laging nasusunod.

I apologized Leina in advance inside my head already. She didn't deserve any of this, she's too precious. Dala ng awa at pagmamahal ko ay ganado akong tulungan ang inakala kong kaaway niya sa lahat.

Mali pala ako.

When I knew Leina isn't the real daughter of the witch, I feel relieved and annoyed at the same time. Ang kapal ng mukha ng babaeng 'yon. To know that she was my Dad's ex-girlfriend boiled my blood more. Lalo na noong nalaman ni Mommy. That bitch should be rooted in jail!

"Baby... you're overthinking again..."

I glanced at Sean. There was nothing between us but we had an intimate night. Nalasing ako and I don't want to remember things. We had the same feelings but we didn't say it. We knew it ourselves but we didn't say it to each other. Ngumiti ako sa kanya.

"I'm fine."

He hugged me from behind. I always felt comfort in his arms. Hindi ko maipagkaila.

"What's on your mind, this time? Nandito lang ako. Tell me, makikinig ako." he said in monotone.

Mas lalong pinatibok niyon ang puso ko. It's just four in the morning yet we're already cuddling. Mas dinama ko ang yakap niya sa akin. His lips traveled on my shoulder as he was waiting for me to say something.

"I'm worried about Leina's health..."

"Lahat naman tayo... atleast, she's recovering fast. Atleast tapos na. All she need is to heal and be happy again soon. May plano naman si Heleina na sabihin lahat, hindi ba? Narinig ko iyon sa kanya."

Tumango ako. Though, I'm not still convinced. Sana masabi na agad namin para tapos na. Sana umayos na ang lagay niya.

"When are you going back to the Philippines? I heard it from your mom, bukas daw?"

I nodded once again. Uuwi na nga kami bukas. My clothes are already packed and my important things are now on the right at safer place. Sean, wearing his black jacket and khaki pants were helping me out with my things. Leina is a lot better, I heard. And that means I'm a lot better too now. What my bestfriend's pain is also my pain. Feeling ko nga connected ang soul namin.