Chapter 1

Disclaimer: This story is based of off the Harry Potter book and movie series

Draco's POV

Crabbe, Goyle and I chuckled as the Hufflepuff students practically dove out of our way while we walked to get to our spots at the Slytherin table. One Ravenclaw girl didn't see us walking through- she was reading a story for our care of magical creatures class- so I stopped in my tracks, snatched the book from her hand and dropped it into the bowl of sauce-covered chicken sitting on the table next to where we were standing. She peeled it from the slimy food, looked up at me and breathed in heavily. When Crabbe and Goyle began to laugh, I smiled and the girl's lip quivered slightly before she turned to find her friends.

We finally made our way to our seats and began to scoop food onto our plates when the Headmaster stood up. "Attention students. We have some exciting news." Dumbledore sometimes made announcements while we ate but whenever he spoke I just made jokes for the other Slytherin students to laugh at.

"Oh dear, what's he on about tonight? Now he's probably hired a troll for a teacher. At this rate, we'll be in our thirtieth year before we learn a single worthwhile spell." The other fourth years began to giggle and I sat up a bit taller.

"Slytherin, if I must ask you again to be quiet, you will begin losing points." My smirk faded and our table quieted down, but whispers began amongst the other three houses. "That applies to all houses," Dumbledore declared before continuing with his announcement. "Ahem," he cleared his throat, "I am pleased to tell you all that we are introducing a new student. This student will need our protection and vigilance during her stay at Hogwarts. She happens to be the daughter of the current king and queen of England. They discovered with great shock that their daughter is a witch and have trusted us to bring her to her fully-realized magical self while keeping her safe from those that wish to bring her harm."

Many gasped at the announcement of the new student's royalty.

"The princess? The real actual princess is coming HERE?!" A hufflepuff girl shouted at her friends excitedly.

I shook my head, "A muggle-born? People are excited about some muggle-born?"

"She is the crown princess of England, Draco. That's kind of cool," Medeia told me.

"She's no princess of mine. Her parents don't even have magic," I scoffed and turned back towards the Headmaster.

"I trust that you all will welcome her with great joy and compassion. Since she is joining us a few weeks into the school year, she will be sorted in front of us tonight. Without anymore of my rambling, for I know you children are eager to return to your food and your chatter, here is Princess Anastasia."

Everyone moved to face the entrance of the Great Hall and I rolled my eyes. Seconds later, a girl walked in wearing a purple and gold gown and as she looked to the ceiling and smiled, my stomach dropped.

Anastasia's POV

My cheeks hurt from smiling so hard as I stood in the hall next to my pacing advisor, waiting for Dumbledore to finish speaking so that I could meet the witches and wizards that I would be in classes with for the next few years.

"This is absolutely ridiculous. The PRINCESS in a school of snotty magical children. I told them! I told them when they first received the letter that this is a terrible idea. I thought I was safe once they declined. You, young lady, have made a horrible mistake pushing for your parents to send you here. You have a duty to your country! You should be learning to be a young lady. Not all of this ridicul-"

"Please stop. When you speak so fast it causes my heart to race and it's already beating so quickly. I fear it may explode any second now. I'm going to be happy here. It's where I'm supposed to be. I can feel it."

My advisor grumbled but soon enough it was time for me to enter the hall of students. I turned to stand in the doorway but as I looked into the room, my breath caught in my throat. I noticed a beautifully shimmering ceiling, as if the night sky were right there, filled with twinkling stars. I nearly forgot what I was doing. Shaking myself back to reality, I looked down and turned my head until something caught my eye. Staring intently at me was a boy with white hair and pale skin, as if he were the child of the very moon I had just seen up there in the ceiling.

I grinned at him and, instead of returning a friendly look, he scowled at me and turned away. I shrugged and looked ahead to where Dumbledore was standing. He waved me forward and I walked through the row between the tables.

"Alright Anastasia, it's time for you to be sorted into your house."

"Sorted?" I looked at the old man, his hand gesturing towards a chair next to him.

"Ah I thought someone would have explained it to you already. There are four houses- Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin- and the students are sorted based on their character and what traits they value most. Sit, sit! The hat will tell you."

I sat down facing the entire school of students. Dumbledore picked up a tattered hat and placed it on my head.

"Hmmmmm" I gasped as the hat started to talk. "You're a difficult one. Your bravery would do you well in gryffindor. But no. You're quiet. Diligent. Prideful. Not a hufflepuff. I know... RAVENCLAW"

One table of students, wearing robes with blue lining, began to cheer. I assumed that must be the Ravenclaw table.

"Ah we'll have to get you wearing blue now," Professor Mcgonagall walked up beside me and whispered. "You may go and join the other students at their table. We'll be trying to get you caught up in your courses but the fourth years are your age so I suggest you go and find them."

I bit my lip and walked to the table of the kids with blue accessories.

"Hi!" A young girl jumps up in front of me. "I'm Lucinda Leathersbee. Most people call me Lucy Bee... or of course... just Lucy is fine. I'm a fourth year Ravenclaw if you want to sit here."

She had natural, golden blonde hair and blue eyes that seemed to glow along with the blue bee necklace around her neck. Her lips were a bright pink and, when they smiled, her eyes did too. Needless to say she was very pretty.

I turned and introduced myself to the other students sitting around her and as I sat down, I felt warm in my chest. This place was absolutely marvelous.