Chapter 29

Anastasia's POV

Everything started to move in slow motion as my best friend's body slammed into the floor. The Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs and even a few Slytherin students erupted in protest and shock.

"LUCY! YOU JUST MURDERED MY FUCKING GIRLFRIEND!" Ron's body shook as the scream from his raw throat echoed through the room and then sparks started to fly. A battle had just begun.

I must have looked brainless standing there staring into the chaos blankly. I backed up until I ran into the large door and stumbled into the empty corridor.

My breath quickened as I staggered through the hall. When I got to the other side of the castle, Bellatrix turned the corner.

"Why hello. Isn't this the princess I heard about?"

At this, my platinum blonde hurried out from behind the wall. I looked into his eyes for comfort and he looked back, but our stares didn't actually make contact.

I turned my attention back to Bellatrix and shoved my arm out. "I want the dark mark."

"What? The royal Ravenclaw requests the dark mark? This is something new. Sorry honey, but we don't want mudbloods. In fact, we want to kill mudbloods." She lifted her wand and laughed.

"Bellatrix," Draco leaned in, "if this girl is the princess, it'd be best not to kill her."

"She's no princess of mine," the witch growled.

"That's not what I meant. Right now, we have a war to fight with the mudbloods and blood traitors of Hogwarts. Killing England's beloved princess would anger an entire country of people that we're not prepared to start a fight with. We'll deal with her later after we win here." He looked at me slowly and this time our eyes touched a little bit.

Bellatrix scoffed, "fine. I won't kill her. But I can hurt her. Crucio!"

My knees gave out and I collapsed to the ground. Fire filled up my entire body and every piece of me seemed to be splitting apart like the ground during an earthquake. I grabbed onto my head and my mouth opened but I couldn't hear if any sound was coming out or not. I couldn't hear anything. To every edge of my body there was an indescribable feeling. It wasn't any feeling in particular. Just pain. Sharp and excruciating. And it seemed to last forever.

Draco's POV

Anastasia dropped to the ground, letting out the most ear-piercing, earth-shattering scream imaginable.

Okay, Bellatrix, I thought impatiently, that's enough. Stop now, Bellatrix.

The girl writhed on the floor and I knew I couldn't say anything or Bellatrix would know I had a weak spot. This side didn't accept someone with such a thing.

Finally, after far too long, Bellatrix loosened her grip on her wand and Anastasia gasped loudly. She raised her head to look at us, but her eyes were vacant.

"Stupefy!" The princess' body flung back and didn't move.

I shot a look at Bellatrix as she stepped over Anastasia.

"Oh don't worry. It's not like she's dead. She'll wake up in a few hours quite confused and sore."

The two of us continued down the hall but, when I was sure the witch wasn't looking, I turned around and waved my wand in Anastasia's direction. Hopefully she would turn up where I intended.