Chapter 17

A/N in this fic they have one bathroom in each dorm room because I am NOT making my characters deal with some grimy one with Moaning Myrtle. Also, y'all BETTER read Luna's lines in her voice otherwise it doesn't hit the same.

Draco's POV

"A runner? GRrrRUGh," I kicked the wall furiously.

"Having trouble?" Luna Lovegood walked closer to me, wearing a hat with a knitted possum sitting atop her head.

"I'm just trying to get into the Ravenclaw common room and this stupid door knocker won't- hang on a minute. Could you let me in?"

"I'm not sure," she looked at the door in thought.

"Please, Luna, I just want to see my gir- uh Princess Anastasia," I pleaded.

"I do see you hanging around her often. And you seem awfully frustrated. I'm not one to break the rules but..." The girl's soft voice spoke her thoughts aloud.

"I just want to give her a gift," I held up the package in my hand.

"Oh what is that? Don't feel the need to answer. I can tell if someone doesn't want to say something."

"It's just... something for the ball. She's my date."

"How lovely. Your intentions are pure. I couldn't deny the princess a gift from a boy who's so in love with her."
"I am not- I didn't say- I-" I stammered.

"I can see it in your eyes when you speak of her," she stated plainly and stepped towards the door. "Hello, mr. door knocker!"

"Oh Luna! My favorite student! Thank goodness you're here, this boy simply would not leave! Now, what is always coming but never arrives?"

Luna's face lit up. "Tomorrow! Oh this was an easy one."

I grumbled and walked through the door into the Ravenclaw common room. I'd never been in here before. The walls were lined with books and an eagle tapestry hung from the ceiling.

There were only a few Ravenclaw students standing inside but they all turned to stare at me and it made my heart pick up speed.

Chin up, I remembered my father's words. But I couldn't get rid of the panicked feeling their stares gave me.

"Luna," I caught the girl just before she turned the corner. "Which dorm is Anastasia's?"

"It's just through there on the left. They have the royal crest on the front of the door now. It's hard to miss it."

I stomped down the hall and pounded on the door. When nobody answered, I swung it open and saw that the bathroom door inside was locked.

I knocked.

"Lucy?" Anastasia's bright voice rang from inside.

"Draco, actually."

Her voice lit up even more. "Draco? What are you doing here?"

"I've come to bring you a gift."

"You couldn't have waited a few minutes?"

"No. It just came in and I want to show you. It'd make me very happy if you would come out right now, Midnight."

"I don't think it'd make you so happy if I walked out right now in my towel."

I laid my forehead against the door, "I don't think you have any idea how happy that'd make me."

There was a pause, but I could nearly hear her blushing through the door. "Give me a minute, Malfoy."

A minute. A minute, a minute, a minute. I wandered about the room, picking up books and statues and pictures in frames.