Chapter 35

Anastasia's POV

"'Broom... Nimbus preferred.' What the hell does this all mean?" Castion muttered under his breath as he and Dorian prepared to leave.

"I can take him."

My husband looked up at me with shock. "You want to take him?"

"Yes. I know every store in Diagon Alley. And how to get onto the train platform. I could help him much more than a muggle, no offense."

"Are you sure you can handle- you haven't left the palace since we were wed."

"I'm sure. Just don't tell my advisor."

***

"Just run ahead, go on." I instructed. Dorian readied his stance and sprinted zestfully until he disappeared into the bricks and I followed.

The chaos on the other side nearly knocked me off of my feet. I hadn't seen chaos since I lost my best friend. I wasn't sure if it was livening or overwhelming. Either way it gave me a rush of adrenaline.

"Stay near," I snatched the boy's arm to keep him close.

"Scorpius Malfoy, stop messing about!"

I whipped around and all of the color flushed from my face. The moon himself stood in a clean suit with glasses sitting on his nose. His eyes caught mine, but I stumbled back a bit, bumping into a man and spinning around.

"Goodness, I'm so sorry!"

The man waved his hand as if to say it was no bother and continued on. When I turned back, the familiar face was nowhere to be found.

I started to turn back and forth frantically until I caught sight of the boy he had just shouted at.

"Scorpius Malfoy?" I sprinted and he faced me. "You're Draco's boy?" I gripped each of his shoulders in my hand.

"Yes," the boy nodded calmly.

"What's your father like? Please tell me. Please tell me everything about him. What kind of person is he now?" My vision started clouding but I couldn't stop. "Is he a good father? How is he doing?"

"Scorpius, don't talk to her," Astoria's shadow covered me and she turned her son around, but his head remained looking in my direction.

He started to reluctantly walk with his mother, but he opened his mouth to speak. "Sad. He always seems sad."

We looked at each other for a second longer until Astoria yanked his arm and he finally followed her.

I dropped from my squatted position on the ground onto my knees and sat back on the cold concrete floor. People rushed around me on every side. 'Sad.' Me too, my moon. A part of me had believed that this was the answer I wanted. I needed to know that he still cared. But when the most obvious trait for the love of my life's son to tell a stranger about his father was that he was always sad, it didn't feel like good news. One of us should have had our happily ever after.

Draco's POV

I watched her grab my child and cry. Even after all these years, she looked at me the same way. Perhaps it was a good thing that bumble bee wasn't around anymore. From wherever she was watching, she was cursing me out relentlessly.

In the middle of the day, travelling across the platform, through the throng of panicked people, the fresh breath of night filled my lungs once again, but I stepped into the train and the air was gone.

A/N: Ah okay it's over. I am planning on writing a sequel so if you got through this whole book, you should definitely follow me or something and keep an eye on that. Anyway, thanks for reading <3.

Update: The Sequel is up!! Go read it!!

🎉 You've finished reading Princess Midnight and the Son of the Moon (Draco Malfoy fanfic){Completed} 🎉