Chapter 28

Draco's POV

There were three items that he gave for me to rehide. A locket, a cup and a diadem.

Apparently Harry had the locket, but I needed to get it from him. The words of their location changed on the page as they moved. I would get that one last.

The cup was in the bank. I couldn't get all the way in, but I could move it from outside the door. I cast a spell to transport it from that room to somewhere new. I wasn't sure where I'd sent it but the ink on the list began to shift and it said "Borgin and Burkes."

I'd have to go make sure it was well-hidden there. I apparated to Knockturn Alley and entered the shop. I'd been here many times before, but I knew it was a place that Harry and his friends avoided desperately, which made it a perfect place to keep something that I didn't want them to find.

I cast a Disillusionment Charm to make sure not just anyone could find it, although not many people shopped near Diagon Alley lately. My wand stung my hand every time I cast a spell on the cup. The magic had to be incredibly dark. I wondered what made these objects so special but I wouldn't ask questions. Curiosity could cost me my life.

I was now supposed to get the diadem. Pulling the crumpled list out of my pocket, I saw that it was in the Room of Requirement. I returned to Hogwarts and it was easy to enter since death eaters had taken over.

I'd been in the Room of Requirement many times in order to mend the vanishing cabinet. Going into it now sent my mind back to only two months ago when I was here with... nevermind that. Find the diadem.

Anastasia's POV

Ron peeked his head out from behind Lucy and waved at me.

I got up and ran to them and Lucy grabbed me. A guard was flopped across the ground, unconscious.

"How'd you get in?"

A smirk spread across Lucy's face and she whispered, "we apparated!"

"You apparated? Oh my gosh. Now how do we get out?"

"You're gonna have to apparate with us," Ron chimed in.

We stood in the hall for a few minutes as they showed me exactly how they had done it. I wasn't a complete noob. Lucy and I spent many nights laying in our beds, discussing the methods. The idea of 'teleporting' amazed us. It was the trick we had been most excited to master.

I took a deep breath and focused on where we were going.

My feet slammed into the ground just outside of my old school. My eyes followed the structure to the top. I had forgotten how big it was. How beautiful. Even when it was taken over by dark wizards.

"We've landed a bit too close to the school. Quick, come back this way. We can't let the death eaters see us out here."

I backed up, but a death eater stormed out into the grass, right where I'd been standing in the rain over two years ago, and reared back her wand.

"WE NEED TO APPARATE!" Lucy yelled.

Ron and I looked at her with pure panic. It was a difficult enough spell to cast when one had all of the time in the world to concentrate on where they were going, but when rushed it felt impossible.

"APPARATE TO HAGRIDS!"

I breathed in and out quickly. I think this was hyperventilating. The witch laughed maniacally as she started to fling her arm forward.

Hagrid's. You've been there plenty of times. Just picture Hagrid's.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Ron shouted and the wand flew from her hand.