Chapter 18

Anastasia's POV

"There's got to be something in here to magically do our makeup," Lucy flicked frantically through the pages of her spells book.

"That's no fun. Come here, let me do yours for you," I waved her towards me and sat on a bench in our room.

She hesitantly sat in front of me.

"Stay still!" I had to repeat the same command at least seven times before I even got to the eye makeup.

I placed my hand under her chin, pulling her face towards mine so that I could see where I was applying the black liner.

"Okay now go like this," I puckered my lips.

She followed my instructions and I swiped the pink lipstick across each lip.

"Do I look absolutely ravishing?" She sat up and showed off her makeup.

"Ron will be ecstatic to bring a girl like you into the ballroom."

"I still can't believe he asked me. He seemed so nervous too. He nearly fell into Pansy Parkinson and wouldn't that have ended well..."

"I'd been trying to tell you he was smitten with you! Now let me finish my makeup and then we'll change into our outfits."

I finished with red lipstick and then decided to paint my nails quickly. My advisor had tried to bring royal makeup artists to come to the castle and get me ready, but I refused. There was something too fun about getting ready in a dorm with your friends.

I did my nails all gold with a single blue jewel in it, except on each ring finger I put a green jewel. It wasn't the most stylish, but I wanted to show off the house that was so important to the boy I was bringing.

"Okay," I stood up, "Dresses."

I slipped into the gown Draco had given to me. As I put it on, it tightened to my body. Of course he charmed it, I thought. The snakes on my arms slithered back and forth and the lace on my collarbone seemed to morph with my skin.

"Wow, annie." Lucy's jaw dropped as she stood in front of me. I understood how she felt. It truly was the most beautiful dress I'd ever laid eyes on and I was royalty.

"I know," my hands felt the fabric on my skin.

"Zip me up?" I stepped forward and helped Lucy with her dress.

We finished curling our hair and I tied part of mine back before sticking a sparkling tiara into it.

Draco's POV

Weasley was standing next to me, mumbling things under his breath.

Then, the door to the Ravenclaw common room opened and I saw the small feet with golden high heels step out. She lifted her dress and watched her feet until she glanced up and stopped at the sight of me staring.

"Hello, Mr. Moon."

"Hello, Princess Midnight."

The dress fit perfectly. I knew it would fit her body of course, considering the fact that I had charmed it, but what I hadn't known was how perfect her body was. The fabric mixed into her collarbone and she stood tall, full of confidence.

My stomach churned and my heart sped as I walked towards her. "You are going to be the most beautiful girl at this ball." No girl had made me feel like this before and it made my head spin.

We walked down and down and down the steps hand in hand.

When we entered the room, everyone turned to look at us. I couldn't tell if they were looking because I was with a princess or because I was with a muggle-born.