Chapter 10

Anastasia's POV

I laid out clothes for Lucy while she whined. "B-but there'll be so many people there. And what if he doesn't want to see me? What if he just wants to hang out with Hermione? OH GOODNESS ME WHAT IF HE LIKES HER?! OH I CANT GO I CANT DO THIS!"

"Relax! He doesn't like Hermione. Didn't you see the way he looked at you in class when we sat down? I think he might already fancy you back a bit."

"NO, SILLY! He was excited because a PRINCESS was talking to him, not ME."

I laughed as she flopped down on her bed. "Lucy, he was afraid of me but he smiled when he spoke to you. I'm far too intimidating. Just look at me," I made the best mean face I could and growled a bit.

She threw a pillow at me, but her expression brightened.

"Now, come on. I already told Hermione we'd be there."

***

We squeezed into the crowded bleachers. I leaned over the railing and a breeze blew across my face as I realized how high we were.

A boy bumped Lucy and she fell back into me. I scrunched my face at him even though he was facing the opposite direction.

"Hi Hermione!" She had to pull her attention from Harry since the game was about to start, but her face was wrinkled with concern. "What's wrong?"

"She never just enjoys the quidditch matches. She always thinks Harry's gonna die," Ron explains.

I squinted through the bit of fog to the players on the field and saw the platinum blonde hair of a boy dressed in green. He seemed to be everywhere.

I should have been worried but a smirk formed on my face, "I can see why."

"Look at that! Probably trash-talking him," Hermione pointed.

The blonde hair had moved close to a brunette boy in a Gryffindor uniform.

Soon enough the game began and wizards whizzed by on their brooms. I followed them going back and forth. In truth, I had no clue what was going on, but watching people flying was an enjoyable sight. I was in Flying class, but we hadn't even been allowed to leave the ground yet. I also made sure Lucy was in between Ron and I.

Ron reached out and grabbed Hermione and Lucy's sleeves, pulling them closer in his anxiety concerning the game. Lucy shot a look down to where Ron's hand was and gulped.

Gryffindor scored again and Ron's hands released their death grip. "Sorry," he whispered awkwardly when he realized he had been grabbing onto the girls.

Eventually, Harry stretched his arm out and snatched the golden snitch straight out of the air. Draco had been close behind and it seemed he began to curse under his breath. He said something to Harry before returning to his team.

"AND GRYFFINDOR WINS!"