Chapter 26

Anastasia's POV

Everything at school was different. It had been three weeks since Dumbledore's death and already nearly all of the faculty positions had been taken by death eaters. The only comforting face was Professor Mcgonagall, who would not leave her students for anything.

They weren't planning on taking over until our 7th year, but Draco and I had completed the cabinet so quickly that they got in during March of our 6th.

The small bump that my stomach had become still just merely seemed like weight gain. I wanted it to seem so for as long as it could.

Draco loved me- he rubbed my stomach whenever he was afraid- but every day he looked into my eyes a bit less.

The death eaters had called for a school-wide meeting today.

Lucy and I shuffled into the room but I found the blonde hair amongst the students and dragged her with me. She grabbed Ron's hand as we made our way through the crowd.

Harry and Hermione were off on a mission. I wasn't quite sure what they were looking for and nobody would tell me, but Ron decided to stay at Hogwarts because Lucy didn't want to go.

I tripped and latched onto Draco. The crowd was bumping and nudging in order to see the evil army around the school.

"LISTEN STUDENTS! IF YOU HAVE OR WISH TO RECEIVE THE MARK OF THE DARK LORD THEN STEP FORTH NOW!" Snape announced.

I saw Draco's hand reach back for mine for comfort, but before I could hold it, arms wrapped around me and a hand covered my mouth. I heard the mutter of an incantation and the world began to spin. Suddenly, I was forced into a stone room and the door was locked behind my royal advisor.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" I looked around the place that I had just appeared in.

"My dearest princess, things have gone too far. That school is in shambles and you are in too much danger. We have brought you here for safekeeping," he said casually as if he hadn't just had someone kidnap me.

"Where am I?"

"Buckingham Palace, of course."

"I've never seen this room before," I scrunched my eyebrows at the empty, cold space.

"We created a new room while you've been away. A few wizards assisted us. Magic doesn't work within these walls."

"WHAT? Why on Earth am I in a room that blocks my magic?" I began to fume.

"We can't have you running back to the wizarding world now, can we? I've known you long enough to know you wouldn't willingly stay." He reached out to tap me on the nose and I resisted the urge to bite his finger off.

"Take me back this instant."

"I'm afraid I can't my dear. The danger you face there is too great. Here you will be safe and on track to rule the country."

"Let me speak to my parents."

"They're away to the Manchester's house to finalize some of the wedding details."

"You can't keep me in here for the rest of my life."

"Oh don't fret. We're working on next steps. It should only be a few months."

"MONTHS?"

He opened the door and slipped out.

I ran up and pounded on the stone. "LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT OF HERE! I NEED TO GET BACK! I NEED TO GET BACK NOW! PLEASE!"

Nobody seemed to hear or care.

I sank to the floor. Three weeks ago I had held that boy in my arms while he begged to be freed of the dark mark's responsibilities and I left him just as they were assigning him something new. He reached out for me. And my hand won't be there for him to grab.