Chapter 2

Draco's POV

The next morning, I opened my eyes to the sun shining through my window. THE SUN?! I shot up in my bed and grabbed the watch sitting on my nightstand. 8:45am. Damn it, I thought. Classes start at 9:00am.

Usually, when I woke up, the moon was still shining brightly. I liked to get up early and study in the common room while the others woke up, so that nobody would ever see me groggy. A Malfoy must always look their best.

I practically fell out of bed, buttoning every other button on my shirt and throwing my jumper on top so that nobody would see. I hung my tie around my neck and put my arms through the sleeves of my robe.

"Ah my shoes," I grabbed them from the floor and then realized I needed to brush my teeth, so, barefoot, I ran to the bathroom and fumbled to shove my feet into my shoes as I scrubbed the morning breath from my mouth.

"Looking like a right mess today, are ya Malfoy?"

I twisted to see Goyle chuckling at me.

"Why would you or Crabbe not wake me up if you saw that I was going to be late?" I began to fume upon hearing his laughter.

"Because this is funny to see," he continued to jeer.

I stopped dead in my tracks. "Funny? You think this is funny? Well I think it's funny that the most powerful student in this school has chosen to gift his time to the two stupidest. You're lucky to be on my side, Goyle, but you better remember your place or I'll soon see you packing your bags." He shut his mouth quickly. I glared at him as harshly as I could muster and as I walked away, I couldn't help but smirk. Nobody laughs at Draco Malfoy.

***

Once my potions class was released, I walked swiftly to the restroom to button the buttons that I had left undone. My chest was extra cold where my shirt had been sitting open underneath my sweater, so I hugged my arms to my body in an attempt to heat up those spots.

When I walked into the courtyard, there was a large throng of students gathered around...who is that? Ah, of course. A boy moved out of the way slightly and I caught sight of the flowy, dark brown hair of the girl from the night before. My cheeks felt hot and I had trouble telling if it was rage or something else entirely...

Probably rage.

Probably.

Anastasia's POV

While the children surrounded me, I caught sight of the same Son of the Moon as before. "Alright, it was nice meeting you, but I best be on my way."

They scrambled off and I spun on my heels to face the boy. As I walked swiftly up to him, he turned from me as if to pretend he had not been looking.

"Take a picture; it'll last longer," I giggled.

"What?" He sneered at me.

"You've got a staring problem, bud. And yet, you seem to be one of the few who is quite the opposite of happy to see me here. So... what's with all the... longing glares?"

"I just don't think you're all that special."

"But if I weren't all that special then why would you feel the need to watch my every move? Obviously something about me intrigues you. You're Malfoy, right?"

"I am," he stood up a bit taller at hearing his name.

"Well, you've made an impression on the school. They're quite convinced that you're determined to bully me. Push me down the stairs, throw apples at my head, cast tickling spells on me until I pass out. They've made you out to be a monster."

"Ah and what do you think?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I think that there's no way you would dare bully a smart, kind, stunningly gorgeous princess."

"Don't forget humble," Malfoy scoffed.

"Now Malfoy, you'd do well not to forget this: humility and confidence do not contradict each other. It's why so many are full of pride and yet despise every bit of themselves."

"Well... I better be off to Ancient Runes," the boy grimaced and snatched up his bag of books.

I reached into my pocket to pull my schedule out. "With Professor Babbling?"

"Yes... why?"

I shoved my piece of paper in front of his face.

"Great. Just great. How are you even in the same class as me when you've just started here?"

"Well, I have a lot of classes to catch up on so I'm taking some later year's electives, while I take all of my first year classes. Will you show me the way?"

"No," he spun and started towards his class.

"Thanks," I followed closely behind him.