CHAPTER 1

Genesis

"Okay so I know you're not really allowed too, but I'm having a party." Asks Alina.
"I can make it." I said quickly. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I went to a party.

Alina gives a sly look.

"Yeah just don't get caught again. Last time we had all your dads men crash. Not fun. Accept for that one hot guy. Gabriel?" She laughs. Her Italian accent just as strong as my own.

I roll my eyes and look at my alarm clock. It reads 5:18 pm.

"Shit. My dads gonna be done with work any minute." I say.

"I know the drill." Says Alina.

I smile at her and she grabs her stuff. Quickly, I grab her arm and sneak her out the back gate.

When your father is a mob boss and your family has a lot of money it's not easy having just anyone come in and out of your home. My father invested in a huge property years ago and ever since put the work in to have it the way it is now.

It almost looks like a castle. There's a stone wall that surrounds the house, blocking anyone from coming in or in my case, anyone from going out.

It's a rare occasion that I get to see my one friend, Alina. We met through our parents. Alina's father is also in a line of business but no where near the net worth of my family.

"Ciao." Says Alina, she blows me a kiss and I see her get into the back seat of one of her fathers cars. The car drives off and I watch.

I laugh to myself before my eyes widen.
"Shit shit shit." I mumble. I race back inside the house.

I sneak back up to my room before my father could come up. As running through the halls, one of my dads guards stops me.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To my room." I say as I furrow my brows. Usually none of them speak to me but I suppose it does to look suspicious if I'm running around like there's bomb attached to me.

I hate having them always watching my every move. I lived on this base since I was born. My mother died when I was only 10 and my father never told me why and keeps his work exclusive.

Exclusive. The biggest word I would use to describe my father.

I head over to my vanity and apply a matte lipstick, acting as if I had been up here the whole time.

There's knock on the door.
"Come in." I say.

My father walks in.

I stand up and watch his expressions. He wears a suit with a shirt unbuttoned ever so slightly.
"Ciao papá ." I say.

He looks ticked off as usual. I see the disappointment in his eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I see that you've snuck your friend out..." he says as he sits down in a chair by my bed. I sigh, sitting down next to him.  "She's no harm I swear." I emphasize. "That's not the point. Anyone can be a threat. Do you understand me?" He says furrowing his brow.

"Sì." I reply.

He stands up and straightens out his suit. He sucks in a breath before words slip out of his mouth. "I have hired a body guard for you." He says not looking at me.

My face drops.

"What?! I'm 18 I don't need a babysitter-" I say standing up. I was ready to argue.  "Abbastanza! I expect you to be dressed to meet him downstairs in 30 minutes." He says. I roll my eyes and a wave of anger flushes me. He walks out and closes my door.

I get ready and put on a black Chanel dress that was waiting for me in my closet. Annoyance and anger washed over me. I did not like the idea of being watched by my father when I am an adult. I may be immature at times, but it's still completely unnecessary.

I stand in my room, wearing the dress. Looking around my room, I spot my big chunky Prada sunglasses. The sunglasses has something special about them that whenever I saw them I just wanted to have them in my possession.

I roll my eyes and slap them on my face. At least it will hide my upset features to my father and the new guard. I stepped out of my room, with my face black and looking bored, reading myself to meet the new babysitter.