[001] - pumpkin juice incident

﹒──── ✩ + ❛ ✧!

﹒──── ✩   + ❛ ✧!

★✩﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒﹒

[001] -
the pumpkin juice incident

AN ECHO OF COLDNESS SEEMED to drape itself through the library with an intensity that shivered. It seeped into Siobhán Parten's skin as she skimmed through her books. Snow was battering wickedly against the glass windows that elongated the length of the wall. Appearing parallel to the girl sitting on a wooden chair, she leafed through the pages and took notes with her quill. Ever so often, she winced as her nails dug into the palm of her hand. It was a habit of hers, something that she had done since she could write. Perhaps it correlated with the way she held her quill or how she hid from peering eyes.

That was no surprise, though. The walls of Hogwarts didn't welcome her with warmth or familiarity. If anything, she tended to bash around while feeling out of place. Every time she came across the corridors, it was empty and chilly. She would've preferred the summer breeze over the lack of color.

Glancing over at the windows, she saw her reflection. Her dark brown hair rested elegantly in a ponytail. She then observed the red and black robe that lay against the table. As her gaze lingered, she heard the laughter of Lily Evans. She perked her head toward the noise only to find the redhead bickering with Marlene Mckinnon. To her information, they were the best of friends. If they happened to be there, then the Marauders were bound to appear right behind them.

Being amongst the four boys was never an easy task for her. They were the gossip of the school—more or so comedians—that brought joy. With their popularity, she had random people coming up to her and asking questions about them. It usually ended up with something about dating. Siobhán rolled her eyes with every interaction. James Potter was utterly and obnoxiously infatuated with Lily Evans. Everyone in the school knew. She never understood why people would try to interfere with that. The Potter boy wouldn't budge no matter the effort.

She went back to writing her notes in silence. It was better not to dwell on things that didn't concern her.

As if on cue, a pleading voice appeared out of thin air. Of course, it happened to belong to the one and only James Potter.

"Aren't you blooming like a flower, Lilypetal?" he let out a sigh of awe as he approached her table. Siobhán watched over their conversation, trying her best not to scrunch her nose in disgust. Lily glared at him as the rest of the Marauders huddled behind. "Go out on a date with me. Just say the word, and I'll stop being a nuisance," he gave her a smirk; it was practically bursting with cockiness.

"I am not won over easily, you numpty of a slug!" she stood from her chair. "I want nothing to do with you or your group of idiots. Fantasize about someone else, please," Lily let out a scoff while motioning for Marlene to follow her. They beelined their way out of the library.