2 : coffee order

d e r e k

"Hey baby girl, aren't we expecting a new member to join the team today?" I ask Garcia, curiously as we walk into the round table conference room.

"Yeah. It's Hotch's daughter. She's in his office right now." She explains, taking a seat at the table, sitting directly across from me.

Hotch's daughter? Isn't she like sixteen or something?

Hotch walks into the conference room, a stern look on his face.

"Don't start explaining the case yet. We have another member joining us today." He announces.

A brunette haired female quietly walks into the conference room.

Holy shit. She's beautiful.

She blushes, "Hi everyone. I'm Julianna Hotchner. You can call me Annie for short if you'd like." She says, the tone in her voice a bit shaky.

Hotch looks at Julianna and then to the team.

"Meet the team." He says as everyone stands up.

Everyone takes turn introducing themselves, as I stay seated, waiting to introduce myself last.

She takes a seat next to me, slowly pulling her chair out.

A blushed smile comes across her face, "Hi there. I'm Julianna as you already know." She says.

"Derek Morgan." I say, placing out my hand.

"It's good to see you again Derek." She says.

"Yeah. Weren't you like sixteen two days ago?" I ask, a light chuckle in my tone.

She releases a soft giggle.

Damn. That is an adorable laugh.

"I'm twenty now. But good guess." She says, a bright smile coming across her face.

"Well, it's good to have you on the team Julianna." I say, my tone a bit shaky.

Fuck, Why am I nervous?

"Thanks. I'm glad to be here." She says, a soft tone filling her voice.

She's such a sweetheart. I'd expect her to be on her knees, begging me to ask her out like most girls do - but she's different, which drives me insane. And her name, it sounds so nice, but it's so long - and I don't wanna call her Annie. I want to give her a special nickname that only I can call her.

Cool it Derek. You just saw her for the first time in four years and your already filling your mind with many different thoughts about her.

Hotch looks over at Julianna and I with a slight smile, "I'll give you two a moment to catch up." He says.

"You have a long name." I mutter.

She giggles, "I'm aware. That's why I said you all can call me Annie." She says.

"I know, but Annie seems so original. Can I call you Jules?" I ask.

Her cheeks turn red, "Jules? Wow. I've never thought of having a nickname like that. But y'know what, I like it. Yeah, sure, you can call me it." She says, her tone a bit shaky.

She's nervous too. I realize.

"Okay cool." I say, trying to keep the nervousness from showing.

I'm never nervous around girls, but her? I don't know what's gotten over me... And what the hell was that? I asked to call her a special nickname that only I can call her within thirty seconds of talking.