12 : explanations.

d e r e k .

I glance over at Jules as she finishes up her meal.

"Thank you for the dinner. Can I help clean up?" Jules asks.

My mom shakes her head, "I'm good. I'm sure Derek would like to spend some time with you." She responds as Jules nods.

Jules turns to me as I stand up, her hand slipping into mine.

We slip into my room, I close the door behind us.

Jules slowly walks around my room, examining everything carefully anf smiling softly, "What do you wanna do?" I ask, admiring her.

"Talk." She says firmly, sitting down on the bed.

I nod, kicking off my shoes, lying on the bed beside her.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I ask, her eyes meeting mine.

"Are you okay?" She asks softly.

"What?" I ask.

She clears her throat, "Carl Buford... I was there for the entire conversation. I followed you there." She says softly.

Shit.

"H-How much did you hear?" I ask.

"Every thing." She replies, her hand landing on my cheek, her thumb stroking it slowly.

I sigh, "Carl Buford and I have had a rough past. Well- not really. Not in his perspective or my mom's or my sisters' or my friends' at least. None of them knew because I stayed silent for years. At first it was just him accidentally rubbing up against me...but that soon led to him taking me out of town, to his cabin. It got the worst at the cabin..." I explain, looking down at my lap, choking on my tears.

I look up at Jules, "What happened at the cabin?" She asks, holding my gaze.

"He- uh- he forced me..." I begin, choking on my own words.

"Derek..." Jules begins, wiping falling tears off my cheeks.

I shake my head, "He uh- forced me to take my clothes off..." I pause, "and he made me jump in the pool to swim." I explain as Jules nods in understanding.

Jules eyes water, immediately pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm okay. I promise." I state.

"Pinky Promise?" She asks.

I chuckle, "You are going to drive me insane with these pinky promises woman." I state, tackling her onto the bed.

She squeals, giggling breathlessly as I tickle her sides.

I sigh, shaking my head, "Y'know, if you get tackled by an unsub, you are not going to make it out alive." I state.

She giggles, "Oh really?" She asks rhetorically, pushing me over and climbing onto my lap.

I look into her eyes, "See, now if you do what you just did there, you'd turn the unsub on." I chuckle.

"Oh my God Derek!" She exclaims, her cheeks turning bright red from embarrassment as she giggles.

I grin, my eyes meeting hers.

"What?" She asks, her eyes meeting mine.

"Nothing..." I sigh.

"Tell meee." She whines.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Nothing. It's just- You're cute when you get embarrassed." I explain, propping myself up on my elbows.