30 : anniversary

d e r e k .

I head over to my desk, a small smile on my face. I glance up at Jules as she opens her case files, getting to work almost immediately. I grab my case files, walking over to Jules' desk.

"Come with me." I state, placing my hands on Jules' shoulders as she looks up to me.

"What?" She asks, her cheeks turning a rosy pink color as she giggles.

"C'mon. Just come with me." I state.

"Where are we going?" She asks, standing up and grabbing her case files.

I ignore her question, walking up to Hotch's office.

I knock on the door, hearing a muffled come in from inside the office.

"Hey, Hotch." I state, opening the door.

He glances up and over to the doorway, noticing Jules standing beside me.

A small smile appears on Hotch's face as he nods, "Have a nice rest of your day." He states, glancing at the both of us.

I nod, shutting the office door as a confused look comes across Jules' face.

"What the hell are you planning?" Jules asks, giggling softly as we walk out of the bullpen.

"You'll see." I state with a cocky grin, pushing the button for the elevator.

Jules giggles, shaking her head, "Why does my dad get to know, but not me?" She asks.

I chuckle, looking down at her, "Because I needed to get us the rest of the day off for what I have in store." I state.

She nods, a small grin on her face, "That's why you left so early this morning..." She states.

I give her a small nod in response as the elevator door comes open.

•••

Twenty minutes into the car ride, Jules glances over to me.

"Now can you tell me where the hell we're going?" She asks, in a curious tone.

I nod, "We're going to the airport." I state.

"The airport!?" She squeals in confusion.

I chuckle and nod, "The airport." I state.

She shakes her head, "This is kidnapping, y'know." She giggles.

I chuckle, "How is it kidnapping?" I ask.

Jules glances at me, a small, soft smile dancing on her lips, "You're holding me hostage in a car, and driving me to the airport - without telling me where we're going - so not only are you kidnapping me, but you're also snuggling me across borders." She states, emitting a soft giggle.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "I'm not kidnapping you nor am I smuggling you across borders. Will you just- trust me?" I ask in a low, deep tone.

Jules nods, "Fine. I trust you." She states, shrugging her shoulders playfully.

•••

We pull into the parking lot of the airport. I climb out of the car, noticing Jules already got out of the car.

"Hey! That's my job!" I exclaim as she giggles, running away playfully.

I grasp ahold of Jules' body, throwing her over my shoulder as she squeals.

I place her back in the car, shutting the door behind her.

I reopen the door seconds later, "M'lady." I state in a playful tone as she giggles.