4 : the bar

d e r e k

As we walk into the building of the Bureau, the team bursts into sudden chatter.

Luke turns to Hotch, "Hotch, you joining us for drinks tonight?" He asks.

"I don't think I can." He says, shaking his head slowly, looking at the ground and then up to Jules.

Jules' facial expression changes. The smile on her face fades into a sudden frown as her hands curl into balls of fists, hitting the side of her side slowly.

Is something wrong?

"That's okay. Maybe next time." Elle pipes up, trying to change the mood.

Hotch nods in agreement as the elevator bell dings, leading the team to the huge doors of the bullpen.

•••

I get in my car, watching as Jules climbs into the car next to mine.

I quickly pull out my phone, going to my messages and finding the number that Jules gave me while working the case.

To Jules:
Hey. Do you want a ride to the bar after you finish getting ready?

I place my phone down, slowly glancing out the passenger window as I see Jules smile at the text I just sent.

That damned smile.

From Jules:
I'd love that.

I grin as we both look up, our eyes meeting through our car windows. Her gaze holds mine briefly before I break eye contact, looking down at my phone before quickly tapping on the keyboard.

To Jules:
I'll be at your apartment at 8.

From Jules:
It's a date.

I smile out the passenger window as she looks up from reading the text, giving me a small nod in approval before I pull out of my parking lot.

•••

I pull into my parking spot at my apartment complex.

It's a date. Those were her exact words. Did she mean it though?

Thoughts flood into my mind as I try to picture Jules and I tonight, dancing on the dance floor of the club as the rest of the team laughs.

I get inside the apartment complex, heading straight for my room.

I need to wear something that will make Jules fall in love with me overnight. Something that will stand out to her and her only.

Hotch will kill me if he finds out that I have feelings for Jules, but I'll risk it all. I want Jules, and Jules only.

I grab some nicely folded dress pants out of my dresser, pairing it with a white button up shirt. I examine myself in the mirror, looking carefully at what I can do to make myself look even better.

I glance down at my shirt, tucking it into the dress pants and unbuttoning the first three buttons to expose my upper chest.

Perfect. I think to myself before heading over to the shoe rack in my closet, slipping on the nicest dress shoes I can find.

My phone begins to buzz on my bed as I head over to check who it is.

From Jules:
What are you wearing tonight?