17 : hospital.

j u l e s .

I fade in and out of consciousness as doctor's surround me. I see Derek and my dad standing beside the stretcher as they pull me out of the ambulance.

I mumble, trying to get a word out, but I can't because of a tube in my throat.

Derek notices, cupping his hand over my cheek, "Shh, don't speak. It's okay." He says, his thumb running up and down my cheek.

A female in a white coat shakes her head towards Hotch, "She's breathing over the tube, but we still need to take out the bullet which requires surgery." I hear her distinctly say.

Derek and Hotch glance at each other, "Do whatever you have to do to save her." They say in unison as the doctor nods.

The doctors rush me to an OR immediately, getting me prepped with no hesitation.

The female doctor takes the tube out of my mouth as I begin choking, blood spewing out of my mouth.

Fear fills my eyes as I realize it's blood.

The female doctors wipes my cheek, "It's okay. That's just blood that the tube didn't suck up." She explains as I nod.

The anesthesiologist stands over me with an oxygen mask.

"Count down from ten for me." He mumbles.

I nod, "10...9...8...7..." I slur as the oxygen mask covers my face.

...6...5...4...3...2...1... I continue counting down in my mind as pictures immediately fill my mind.

The hostage situation on the train replays in my mind, scaring me more and more every time.

•••

d e r e k .

"Any updates?" I ask, handing Hotch his coffee.

He shakes his head, a frown appearing on his face.

I sit next to him, "Hotch, she'll be okay. She's strong." I say sincerely as he nods in agreement.

"Thank you." He says as my brow furrows in a slight bit of confusion.

"For what?" I ask.

Hotch turns to look at me, "I was always hard on Julianna because I was scared if she became a profiler, she'd get hurt. I always pushed her to become a lawyer, but she was so dedicated to join the BAU. We got in a fight before she left for college. I told her she'd get distracted easily if I had the team over, making her move out. I always thought she'd get some junkie boyfriend..." He explains, taking a sip of his coffee.

I chuckle, "Well thank God I'm not a junkie." I mumble as Hotch chuckles lightly.

Hotch looks over at me, "Y'know, I honestly found it weird when you and Julianna started with the i love yous so early on..." He mumbles, sipping his coffee carefully so that he doesn't burn his lip on the coffee lid.

I chuckle, "Hotch, I always thought your daughter was cool -- especially at sixteen. I loved her personality. Then, when she turned eighteen and really matured, I just- I caught feelings...and I've been holding onto those damn feelings for two years -- I've been pushing away Elle for two years, just so it could seem like I was available for a relationship with her or something." I admit.

Hotch snaps his neck to look at me, his dark eyes holding my eyes before he begins to chuckle.

Suddenly our laughter is interrupted by the doctors.

The doctor clutches a chart in her hand, a small smile on her face, "Julianna has made it out of surgery -- there were a couple of complicated at the start and she coded a couple of times, but as soon as we got in, we got the bullet out and repaired all the damage." She proudly informs us.

"So she's okay?" I ask.

"Yes. She is okay." The doctor reassures us.

Hotch and I glance at each other, jumping out of our chairs in excitement, cheering and hugging each other in celebration.

"Thank you." Hotch says, shaking the doctors hand firmly, a small smile dancing on his lips.

"Thank you so much." I state, giving the doctor a slight hug.

•••

j u l e s .

I fade back into consciousness, noticing the team scattered around my hospital room.

I try to speak, not noticing the tube in my mouth -- causing me to literally choke on my own words.

"I'll get the doctor." Reid states, walking out of the room quickly.

A few minutes pass before the doctor comes pack into the room, removing the tube from my mouth.

"C-Can I have j-jello?" I ask as the team bursts into laughter.

Derek chuckles, "Of course you can princess. Is there anything else you would like?" He asks.

I shake my head "I-I don't know. How long have I been out for?" I ask, my voice still raspy from the surgery.

Derek turns to Reid, "Six hours, two minutes, and thirty three seconds." Reid states matter-of-factly.

Derek chuckles, "Thanks Reid." He states, turning back towards me.

I smile softly, "You guys are all so pretty." I state, pointing at each and every team member, still hopped up on drugs entirely.

Rossi chuckles, "Looks like the kids still high." He states, turning to the rest of the team and then facing back at me.

I giggle before tapping my chin, "I want- uhh- ooh! I want pasta! Rossi's pasta!" I exclaim in excitement, the effects of the drugs coursing through my veins and blood.

Derek chuckles, cupping my cheeks, "You will get some of Rossi's pasta once we get you discharged from here. You can go to his house and he'll make you a meal." He explains.

Rossi chuckles, "Actually, it'll be an entire team party gathering thing." He explains.

I smile softly, "Yay!" I squeal, clapping my hands, "I like pasta. Especially Rossi's." I explain, the drugs still coursing through my veins.

"How much drugs did they give you?" Derek asks, chuckling as he checks my chart.

Reid approaches Derek slowly, "Gimme that. You have no idea how to read it." Reid states, pulling the chart out of Derek's hands.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head lightly, "Do you really think I'm that stupid Pretty Boy?" He asks, his brow furrowing.

Reid pierces his lips together tightly, nodding his head.

God I love their friendship... I think to myself, giggling softly.