10 : escape.

d e r e k .

"Come with us." Gordinski says to Jules as he walks into the room.

Jules glances over to me, worry flashing across her face.

"It'll be okay." I whisper as she nods.

Gordinski, Haley, Hotch, and Jules all head out of the interrogation room, leaving the door slightly opened.

Now's my chance.

I stand up, slipping out of the interrogation room slowly, carefully, and quietly.

"I gotta get the hell out of here." I grumble, knowing exactly where I'm headed.

I don't have my car so I have to run. I slip through a couple of streets, going completely unnoticed.

I make it a block away from where I'm headed when I hear sirens headed down the street. I hide in a dark, hidden spot in the corner, holding my breath, trying to keep my entire body completely steady so I don't get found.

I hope Jules' is okay.

•••

j u l e s

"Mom I didn't do anything!" I exclaim as we walk into another interrogation room.

"We know honey, but we need your help." Hotch interjects, glancing over to Haley.

"Sure. I'll help with anything, as long as Derek and I can get the hell out of here." I say, shrugging my shoulders before leaning onto a chair.

"We need you to prove-" Hotch begins before getting interrupted by yelling in the hallway.

The three of walk out of the interrogation room, to find Gordinski yelling about an open door.

Gordinski glares at the team and then at me, "Which one of you let him go?" He asks, his tone stern and heavy.

I shrug my shoulders, glancing between the team as they all shake their heads, confused on how Derek got out of the station unnoticed.

At least he got out...but what the hell is he doing now and where the hell is he?

Hotch turns to me, "Annie, do you have any idea where he could be?"

I shrug my shoulders, "No. He could be anywhere! He could be at his moms' or the football field or..." I begin to ramble on before getting interrupted by JJ.

"Hold on. Football field?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, he used to be in this Little League for football when he was younger. Do you guys not know this?" I ask, confusion rising in my tone.

Emily chuckles, but tries to cover it by clearing her throat.

"Who runs the football league?" JJ asks as I shrug my shoulder.

"Carl Buford." Gordinski says quietly.

The team's facial expressions change immediately, "THE Carl Buford that was here earlier?" Emily asks as Gordinski nods in approval.

"We gotta go get Derek." I say, basically stumbling over myself as I immediately head out the door.

I hop in one of the Bureau SUVs on my own, driving off without the rest of the team.

I need to make sure Gordinski doesn't arrest Derek for something stupid again.

•••

d e r e k

I slip inside the old building - the building full of the locker rooms with harsh memories after football practice. Sometimes, I was scared to do bad at football practice, because of what Buford would do to me. They weren't even punishments, he called them more of "teaching moments". Those moments didn't teach me anything but pain and I wish I would have told someone. I wish I could have done something before it was too late for me to open up, since I'm a lot older now. To think, my mom and sisters think that Buford was a surrogate dad and the person who saved me from a low...if only they knew. To hell with Buford. He makes my blood boil when I see him.