37 : thanksgiving.

d e r e k .

Sunday - 7:34 am

I wake up early, slipping out of bed, careful enough not to wake up Jules. The last couple of months have been hard on her - she hasn't talked about any of her feelings since the funeral and the whole incident that occurred months ago.

I slip into the bathroom, quickly hopping into the shower and rinsing my body off - in attempt to wake myself up.

When I walk back into the bedroom, Jules is sitting up - writing in the journal she keeps at bedside.

She looks up at me in the doorway, "Good Morning." She states with a soft smile.

I grin widely, "Good Morning." I state, walking over to give her a small kiss on the forehead.

She looks up at me, blushing softly, "What are your plans for today?" She asks, curiously, placing her journal at her bedside.

I turn on my heels, rummaging through my closet as we speak, "I have big plans for today." I state, confidently.

She giggles, "That doesn't help! What do your plans consist of?" She asks curiously.

I slip on my clothes, turning to her face her with a small grin on my face, "That's a surprise." I state, the cocky grin dancing on my lips.

Jules groans, "You, Derek Morgan, are no help whatsoever when it comes to telling someone about your day." She states, giggling softly.

I walk over to her, giving her a kiss, "That's the whole point. Enjoy it." I state, rubbing her cheek playfully with my thumb.

She smiles softly, "Will you be back in time to help me shop for thanksgiving dinner?"

I nod slightly, sitting beside her, "Isn't Thanksgiving is like next week? Why do we need to buy things this early?" I ask.

She giggles, "One, thanksgiving is in four days. Two, we're supposed to have it at my house - but clearly my house is small, so I'll probably ask Rossi to use his. Three, it's the holidays! You always have to be prepared! Plus, I have a huge surprise for you on Thanksgiving Eve!" She states.

I chuckle, shaking my head, "Thanksgiving Eve?" I ask, confusion rising in my tone as I hear the ridiculous words come out.

She nods, pressing her lips together, "That's the night before Thanksgiving - the night that you spend preparing everything. My mom always says it's better to be over prepared than under prepared. And plus! People are coming over so we need to make sure the house is clean and presentable. You never know what other people are saying."

I chuckle, "Why would I care what other people are saying? It's not like they live with either of us." I pause, "Ohhh wait! Is that like a professional dad type of thing? Did Hotch make sure you guys were always nicely presentable for the holidays?" I ask in a mocking tone.

Jules giggles and nods, "Both of my parents made me wear a dress and my room even had to be clean." She states.

I chuckle and shake my head, "My mom and I always had Thanksgiving at my grandma's house. It was always a tradition." I state, glancing at my phone, "I have to go. I'll be back in time for shopping - but before we go shopping, I have a surprise for you." I state.

She smiles softly, "Ooo a surprise! Why don't Darnell and I just come with you?" She asks.

I shake my head, "The surprise isn't ready yet. I'll be home around noon. I'll have lunch ready at this surprise place." I state, walking out of the bedroom as Jules follows.

Jules giggles, "I can never get a word out of you, Derek Morgan. Dating you is like-" She pauses to think, "Well, it's like a mystery."

I nod slightly, giving her a kiss as I slip on my shoes, "I'm full of surprises." I state.