27 : cell phone.

j u l e s .

I let out an annoyed groan, "You're working on the case! So why can't I!?" I exclaim.

"Because the bureau code of-" Hotch begins.

I shake my head, cutting him off, "Don't give me some bullshit excuse from the Code of Conduct of the bureau - because we both know damn well that you never let that Code of Conduct stand in the way of work." I state in a harsh tone.

Hotch lets out a defeated sigh, "Okay fine! You wanna know why you can't work the case!?" He asks, lowering his tone.

I nod, shooting him a glare from my distance.

He takes a step closer to me, "It's because you don't know how to separate work from your own feelings. I mean, hell, Julianna! You were literally with Derek within months of your stay at the bureau. You ran off to Chicago with him - calling in fake sick. You're still a child! Why don't you understand that?" He asks in a defeated tone.

The sound of "You're still a child!" rings through my ears as I shake my head.

"Still a child?" I rhetorically ask.

Hotch nods sternly, "Yes! You act like a child! When you joined the bureau, I hoped you would be extraordinary - but you have been nothing but ordinary." He states in a stern tone.

I bite the inside of my cheek, shaking my head, "All my life, I have tried to do nothing but impress you - but yet, nothing seems to please you. I bet Jack would make you a whole lot more proud." I state sternly, walking out of Hotch's office.

Hotch follows after me, "Agent Hotchner, get back in here! Annie!" He calls out after me.

I brush past Derek, who tries to comfort me. I walk straight out of the bureau, no hesitation inside of me. I technically can't leave because I came here with Derek - but I can make Hotch think I left.

My phone begins buzzing like crazy.

From Dad:
Come back.

From Dad:
You know that's not what I meant.

From Dad:
Annie, you're being overdramatic. I don't prefer Jack over you.

I huff angrily as the cold air from outside makes my nose turn light pink.

To Dad:
I know you don't.

I let out a defeated sigh, leaning against the outside walls of the bureau.

I glance up, noticing a hooded figure standing in the distance, taking photos of me.

What the hell? I think to myself.

From Dad:
Then come back.

I sigh, thinking to myself for a minute. Without hesitation, I immediately, but subtly call Hotch.

"Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner." Hotch states, matter-of-factly as he answers the phone.

"I'm downstairs." I state.

He clears his throat, "Annie? Then why don't you come up to the bullpen?" He asks.

"I think Foyet is here." I mumble.

"There's a hooded male that's here." I state.

"That doesn't prove anything." Hotch states.

"Except where it does." I state, subtly leaning against a cold wall.

"How?" Hotch asks, clearing his throat.

I sigh, "Foyet is targeting and stalking our family, right?" I ask.