34 : together.

d e r e k .

[ ambulance explodes ]

I let out a heavy exhale, panting as I stumble away from the explosion, pulling the phone up to my ear.

"Derek!" I hear Garcia and Jules exclaim in unison over the phone.

I chuckle softly, "I'll tell you what you both are..." I state, coughing slightly at the smoke in my lungs.

"Oh my God!" Garcia exclaims in relief.

Jules gasps, "Don't do that! You scared the hell out of me!" She states.

I just know that if I was next to her, she would slap the goofy out of me.

I stumble a little bit, groaning as I pop my shoulder back into place.

"Derek?" Garcia and Jules ask in unison, worry filling their tone.

I chuckle softly, "Garcia, you're my God-given solace. Woman, you promise me one thing - whatever happens... don't you ever stop talking to me." I state.

Garcia scoffs, "I can't right now 'cause I'm mad at you." She states, holding a grudge.

I chuckle, "Jules, you are the love of my life. Promise me one thing - whatever happens... don't you ever stop talking to me. I can't rely on Garcia right now, because she's mad at me." I state in a mocking tone.

"I can't right now..." Jules mumbles, groaning slightly.

I chuckle, "And why is that?" I ask.

Jules goes silent for a minute, "Because my water just broke..." She states, groaning slightly.

The words ring through my mind over and over again - My water just broke...

Holy shit! I'm gonna become a dad!

•••

j u l e s .

"Garcia?" I mumble as the medics pull me onto a stretcher.

"Yeah, Annie?" She asks, squeezing my hand tightly as a small smile appears on her face.

I look at the medics and then to her, "Get Derek help and make sure he gets to the hospital. He is not missing this. He would beat himself up if he missed this." I state.

Garcia chuckles light-heartedly, "You got it. Make sure that bun doesn't come out of the oven until Derek is there." She states in a playful tone, emitting a giggle from me.

I nod, smiling softly, as they push the stretcher into the back of the ambulance.

"And please, get me my mom and dad." I state, my eyes watering as I groan in pain, clutching my lower abdomen.

Garcia nods in agreement, waving as they shut the ambulance doors, driving away.

I need Derek here with me... I can't do this alone. I don't have the strength to do this alone.

•••

d e r e k .

Garcia hops out of the SUV, running up to me and pulling me into a tight hug, "Are you okay?" She asks.

I nod, pulling out of the hug, "I'm fine." I state in a reassuring tone.

Garcia nods in understanding. I look around as the rest of the team climbs out of their SUVs, approaching me slowly. An ambulance pulls into the field, medics climbing out of it.