13 : honesty.

j u l e s .

I walk over to Derek's closet and rummage through it for two minutes, debating on what to wear. I toss on one of Derek's oversized black t-shirts, pairing it with a pair of his sweatpants and one of his hoodies.

I walk outside, heading downstairs to go see what's taking him so long.

When I walk out of the apartment complex, I see him standing with a dark-haired girl in the distance. Elle.

I take a few steps closer so I can hear what they're saying, but not too close so that they don't see me.

I put my hands in the sweatpants pockets ad I listen carefully.

Derek groans, "You can stay at the BAU and we can stay friends!" He exclaims.

Elle is leaving the BAU? What the hell?

"I don't wanna be just friends!" Elle exclaims.

Derek scoffs, "Too bad. I want her, I don't want you." He explain.

He wants me?

"What do you see in her?" Elle asks.

Derek steps closer to Elle, "I see everything in her. I see the whole damn world when I look at her. I see my whole future with her. Julianna Hotchner is the love of my life. I love Jules, that's the whole reason I gave her the nickname Jules - so that I had my own nickname to call her instead of Annie. I wanted something that suited her and something that only I called her because I love her." He exclaims.

Holy shit. He loves me.

"Really?" Elle asks, her eyes longing.

"Yes! I love Jules!" Derek exclaims as Elle's eyes flicker over his shoulder, glaring at me.

Shit! She saw me.

"Go tell her that then..." Elle sighs.

"Elle..." Derek begins.

"Goodbye Derek." Elle says, turning on her heels and walking back to her car.

Derek walks over to me, his eyes flickering up and down my body.

"You like my fit?" I ask, a cocky grin on my face.

"You look amazing." Derek replies, a huge smile coming across his face.

"Thank you kind sir." I reply, a blushed smile dancing on my lips.

He nods, leaning down a bit, giving me a kiss on the forehead as he does.

Derek backs away, "How much did you hear this time?" He asks.

"Almost everything. I came out almost immediately after you did." I explain as he nods.

"You-" I begin as he cuts me off.

"I love you." He says, breathlessly.

"I-I love you too." I respond, taken by total surprise.

"You do?" He asks, just as surprised as I am.

"Yeah. I-I just- We're confusing. I mean, what the hell are we?" I ask.

"Shit I don't know." He says, shrugging his shoulders playfully.

"That doesn't help!" I groan.

He chuckles, "I'll be whatever you want me to be princess."

"Oh my god Derek!" I exclaim in embarrassment, my cheeks turning bright red.

He chuckles, "I gotchu again! No, but for real, you're my girlfriend or at least I hope you are, or else I just look really stupid right now." He explains.