29 : move in

j u l e s .

I wake up to my head racking and pounding with memories from what happened last week.

I was abducted - abducted by a man who was after my family. I flip over, glancing on the other side of my bed to notice that Derek isn't there anymore.

I wince, pulling my phone off my nightstand. The second I turn on my phone, a voice mail floods in from Derek. I click on the voice mail notification, putting the phone on speaker as a familiar, soothing tone fills the room.

"Hey love! Happy Anniversary and good morning! I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up - Hotch called me in for something. But uh- I do have something very special planned for you later today. I can't wait to see you when you come to the bureau later. I don't really know why I called when I could just tell you this later- I guess I just wanted to hear your voice this morning, but you didn't answer. Which isn't your fault at all, you need your beauty sleep. But uh- yeah. That's it. I'll see you soon. Oh yeah! Don't forget to feed Clooney, please! I forgot to. Okay, now that's all. I love you, baby."

I smile softly to myself as the voice mail comes to an end. I glance at the time at the top of my phone screen - 9:25 am.

Shit! I'm gonna be late! I think to myself, slipping out of Derek's bed, sliding across his apartment.

I take a quick shower - letting the hot water hit my body as I relax my shoulders, unclenching my jaw, letting go off all the stressors that have occured in my life in the last week.

As I get out of the shower, I realize I'm at Derek's house - which means I have none of my clothes here. If someone were to think about it, they'd find that it's really, truly weird that I don't have clothes at my boyfriend's house, even after a year of dating - but I struggle with commitment, so it's a casual thing to me. A year of dating is already enough work.

I rummage through Derek's closet, grabbing one of his dark black t-shirts and one of his pairs of sweatpants - throwing my hair up in a tight ponytail.

I walk into the kitchen, getting out food and water for Clooney. Clooney is Derek's dog, which I love and adore a ton. He runs over as I smile softly, petting him, as I grab my things off the counter.

"I'll be back soon Clooney." I state softly, slipping on my shoes.

I walk out of Derek's apartment complex, getting into my car and driving off to the bureau.

•••

I walk into the bullpen, noticing Derek almost immediately. He's having an indistinct conversation with Emily in the kitchen center.

"Hey guys." I call out with a smile, approaching them slowly.

"Good Morning Annie." Emily states with a bright smile as I nod.

Derek's eyes rake up and down my body as my cheeks flush.

"What?" I ask.

"You're wearing my clothes." Derek states, trying to hide the smile dancing on his lips.

"I have no clothes at your house." I explain.

"Well if you would move in with me..." He begins, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

I shake my head, "We will move in together when we're both ready." I state in a soft tone.

"I'm pretty sure he's ready." Emily chimes in as Derek nods, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Okay, well, that's good for him." I mumble, pouring myself coffee.

I wanna move in with Derek, I know I do. I just- I'm scared to is all. What if our relationship doesn't work? What if Derek and I have the kid and it doesn't work out? Then I have to move out and we have to fight for custody over the kid - it'll just backfire into both of our faces.

Derek glances to me and then back at Emily.

Emily chuckles, getting the signal, "I'll leave you two love birds to discuss this." She states, walking out of the kitchen area.

Derek glances back at me, "C'mon just think about it." He states, taking a seat on the counter, right next to the coffee machine.

"Okay, I'm listening..." I state in a stubborn tone, walking over to the table as he follows.

Derek takes a seat across from me, "Imagine this, waking up beside me every morning. Roxy and Clooney would be best friends. And! Our kid would grow up in one home instead of two different ones!" He states, shrugging his shoulders at the clear win-win.

I nod, shrugging my shoulders, "But your apartment is small, and so is mine." I state.

Derek chuckles, "Then we'll buy a house together. That way Clooney and Roxy have a yard to run around in and we can get our baby boy some soccer nets or a swing set or whatever else he wants. And! We can get a pool!" He states.

I nod, he's totally winning me over on this. I think to myself.

His eyes meet mine, holding my gaze. His eyes are longing, basically pleading and begging for me to say yes.

He smiles softly, "C'mon! You already showed me the house you really wanted! And we agreed that I would renovate it even more to our liking!" He pleads.

I stand up, letting out a defeated sigh, "Okay fine. We will buy a house together." I state with a soft smile.

Derek's jaw drops, "Seriously!?" He asks as the excitement clearly beams inside of him.

"Yes. Seriously." I state with a bright smile.

Derek jumps up in excitement, grasping me in his arms, spinning me around.

"You won't regret this." He states as I giggle.

"What are you two celebrating?" JJ asks in a curious tone, entering the kitchen area.

"I assume that Annie finally agreed to move in with him." Emily states, following JJ.

Derek beams with excitement, nodding at Emily's response.

I giggle softly, "Technically we're not moving in together, instead we're buying a house." I state matter-of-factly.

Derek's face lights up as the excitement rushes through his bones.

It's always the little things that make him happy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:
hey guys! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter. i know it wasn't that long, and it feels like it's more of a filler. i wanted to include some more soft derek moments and create a small "cool down" from the last few chapters. but i really hope you all enjoyed! also, holy shit! thank you all so much for 1.98k reads! i am so beyond grateful for each and every single one of you. you all mean the absolute world to me!! <3 i love you all so much!! <3
-

-----------------------------------------------------------------