16 : texas.

d e r e k .

The team watches the live footage as our flight nears Texas more and more.

"I got it! I can access sound now!" Garcia exclaims as sound comes over her laptop.

Elle begins to chuckle, "Feisty. He said that profilers are strictly off-limits." She pauses, "His exact words were -- yeah, well see my code of survival says to never date a woman who carries a gun." She states mocking my tone.

I watch as Elle flinches at her words. I didn't mean that when I said it, she knows I didn't.

"It's truly a shocker that he would date a girl like you. Maybe it's all just a game." Elle states.

"What is she talking about?" Hotch asks, glaring at me.

"I have no idea!" I exclaim defensively, "What Jules and I have isn't some sort of game!"

Hotch shakes his head, "Derek, if you---" Hotch begins as I cut him off.

"Oh hell no! Hotch! Are you serious right now!? I wouldn't dare to hurt Jules! I love Jules! What we have isn't some sort of game!" I exclaim.

"He's right Hotch..." Garcia chimes in, "When he heard you were sending Annie to Texas, he made her promise she would call and text when she landed, made sure she didn't order a car, and he turned really vulnerable... He even made her pinky promise." She states.

"Garcia!" I exclaim as the words slip out of her mouth.

"Sorry, I'm only trying to back you up here." She giggles.

"She's right." I sigh in defeat.

"You made her pinky promise?" Luke chuckles.

"Actually, the pinky promise is a sign that a promise will not be broken -- sometimes, pinky promises are the reason relationships last longer." Reid states, defending me.

The jet lands as we all file out, tossing our go-bags into the back of the SUV.

Garcia transfers the live feed to our tablets as we climb into the SUVs - Emily, Hotch, Reid and I in one car - Luke, Rossi, JJ, and Garcia in the other.

Hotch drives our car -- gripping the steering wheel firmly as I pull up the live security feed. We watch carefully as we head to the train tracks.

"What's our plan when we get there?" Emily asks from the backseat.

"I'm getting inside that train and getting Jules the hell out of there." I state.

"N-No, you are not. We will stand down until we get there. Am I clear?" Hotch says, glaring at me.

"Fine. You got it. No going in, only standing down." I mutter angrily.

I continue watching the live feed, seeing as Elle nears Jules more and more. She pulls a gun out of her pocket, and I flinch almost immediately.

"Hotch, step on it!" I exclaim, panic rising within my body.

Hotch glances at me, "Calm down, we're almost there. What is she doing?" He asks.

"Hotch, she has a gun!" I exclaim, worry rising in my tone.

Elle glances up at the corner of the train, noticing the camera.

*gunshots*

The signal of the camera is shut down - the live surveillance going to straight static.

I immediately hop out of the car as we pull up in front of the train tracks.

"Morgan! Agent Morgan wait!" Hotch calls out sternly, but I shake my head, running towards the train.

I pull the gun out of my holster, nearing the train, trying to stay out of view of any windows so Elle won't see me.

The door of the train busts open, letting out a bunch of hostages.

"What happened in there?" I call out to the hostages, no one responding.

I rush inside of the train, looking around as the door shuts behind me.

I notice electricity shocks from the busted camera and Elle laying on the ground. Jules is sitting on the ground beside her, panic flashing in her eyes as she takes a deep breath, trying to catch her breath.

"Derek!" Julies exclaims in relief, running up to me and jumping into my arms.

My hands grasp the back of her head, stroking her hair carefully as I let out a sigh in relief.

I feel liquid leak onto my shirt. I glance down, noticing red liquid dripping from Jules' body.

"Jules, you're bleeding!" I exclaim as she winces.

"Just hold me..." She sighs, her breath shaky.

I release her from my grip, trying to hold pressure on the wound.

"Derek..." Jules mumbles, rocking on her feet.

Jules slips, falling into my arms as she fades out of consciousness.

"I need a medic in here!" I exclaim as the team walks in.

"What's going on?" Hotch asks sternly.

I sniffle, holding Jules in my arms, "Jules has two gunshots wounds - one to the abdomen and one to the chest. She's bleeding out quickly, coming in and out of consciousness, and has labored breathing. Elle was shot in the shoulder - I'm pretty sure she's dead, I'm not sure - I have moved to check, I can't let Jules go. Hostages were released by Jules as I walked in, before she passed out." I explain.

Medics rush in with two stretchers. They pronounce Elle as dead first, then proceed to bring Jules into the ambulance.

Hotch and I climb into the ambulance with Jules, never leaving her side on the way to the hospital.

I really cannot lose her.