40 : christmas.

j u l e s .

I jump up out of bed, startling Derek out of his sleep, "What the hell!?" He exclaims, his body trembling a bit.

I giggle, "Sorry!" I exclaim, sitting back down on the bed, beside him.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head, "Are you okay?" He asks, placing his hand on my forehead as he checks my temperature.

I giggle, swatting his hand away, "You're the one who's not okay. It's Christmas Eve! You should be more excited!" I exclaim, beaming.

He shakes his head, chuckling at my ridiculousness, "You have so much Christmas spirit, yet, we haven't even had the time to put up our tree yet.." He states.

I shake my head, "Nonsense. We have the day off today. Therefore, we are getting a Christmas Tree today." I state firmly.

Derek chuckles and nods, "Okay." He states, his tone going firm and serious.

I glance at him, "Okay?" I ask.

He glances towards me, his eyes meeting mine, "We'll get the tree today. Your wish is my command." He states.

I smile softly, "Yay! We have to pick out the most perfect tree!" I exclaim in excitement.

Derek chuckles again, "You're like a five year old on Christmas Morning. How many of those gingerbread cookies and candy canes did you have?" He asks in a low tone.

"None." I lie, trying to hide my smile.

Derek glances at me, giving me a firm look. He's clearly not buying that.

I let out a defeated sigh, "Okay fine. I had like eight of them. Each. In the last hour." I ramble.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head, "I'm cutting you off for the rest of the day." He states, swatting the boxes away from me.

I gasp, "But-" I begin.

Derek shakes his head, "Nope. No more."

I groan, crossing my arms like a little kid.

Derek chuckles, buttoning up his shirt, "So what are we doing tonight?" He asks in a low tone.

I giggle, "What do you mean?" I ask.

Derek shrugs his shoulder, "We always do something on Christmas Eve. What are we doing tonight?" He asks.

I giggle again, shaking my head, "We so do not do something every Christmas Eve." I state.

Derek nods, hopping onto the bed, "Yes, we do. Here, take a look." He states, pulling out his phone.

I scoot over closer to him as he opens an album, labeled Jules.

I look up at him, "You have an album of a bunch of photos of me...of us?" I ask.

He nods, "Yeah. It helps me find my favorite photos easily." He smiles softly, searching up dates as he shows me photos of the last two Christmases we've had together.

My eyes water of happiness, "Why am I just now knowing this?" I ask, giggling.

Derek chuckles, "Jules, I love spending holidays with you...especially Christmas. You're always such a good spirit to be around, especially for the holidays. That's what I love about you." He states.

I smile softly, "I love you." I giggle, kissing him softly on the lips as his hands cup my cheeks.

"I love you." He whispers, getting up off the bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask in a low tone.

"Going to get a tree. You coming?" He asks.

I giggle softly, "Always." I state, as he helps me off the bed, spinning me around.